Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HELP!! truck barely runs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Sgt Shawshank

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default HELP!! truck barely runs.

i have an 07 scab 5.4 and i've changed the stock plugs to some e3's and i've been changing coils out but the ford dealer refuses to do anything about it unless it has motorcraft plugs in it so im puttin those back in it and i get to cylendar number 4 and i cannot for the life of me get the plug out i can turn it prolly 2 turns and it stops and i cannot go any further. when i changed them i put antiseize in on it when i put it in and all the others i changed came out easily. just the one is stuck and im to the point of runnin the truck off a cliff its fix one thing then something else breaks. what can i do and any clue as to what fords gunna charge me to get it out cause if i cant get it out then the head has to come off to get it out
Old 01-03-2012, 07:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure u have the right plugs for your truck because I didn't think E3 made plugs for these motors??

Try running the motor and getting it warm and see if it will back out then? If not let it soak in pb blaster
Old 01-03-2012, 08:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

E3 plugs are crap in these motors. Put motorcrafts back in. That should help with the problems.

You sure u have the socket seated on the plug? Is it possible you cross threaded it when you put the plugs in?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Sgt Shawshank

e3 makes one its an e3.70 part number and im learning that these are crap in our motors the truck was warm when i tried it and the socket was seated down and it couldnt have been cross threaded cause i run it down with my fingers and then tightened it to spec with a rachet when i installed them
Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like the threads may have piled up. Sometime it just happens. blow the hole clean and try and work it. There are helicoil kits you can get if you bugger up the threads in the head. They can be done with head on the engine. Don't let your dealer sell you on head removal to easy. If these plugs are like the ford ones ther is also a kit to remove broken plugs. Good luck.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Sgt Shawshank

Originally Posted by kobi
Sounds like the threads may have piled up. Sometime it just happens. blow the hole clean and try and work it. There are helicoil kits you can get if you bugger up the threads in the head. They can be done with head on the engine. Don't let your dealer sell you on head removal to easy. If these plugs are like the ford ones ther is also a kit to remove broken plugs. Good luck.
they are a one peice plug so i know its not broken but its the back one on the pass side, its taking everything i got to get this thing out and im no small guy here. and if i cant get it removed by hand do you guys suggest i take an impact gun to it? cause if the threads are boogered up then i might as well quit screwin around and just get it out so i can fix the threads.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would use a breaker over an impact just so I could feel whats going on. Maybe try a little aerokroil down in the plug well. Did you take the PCM and bracket off the firewall? Easier to get to that last plug without those mounted on the firewall.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:32 PM

Received 239 Likes on 223 Posts

Don't break the plug off, to get lube into the threads turn back to where it feels the loosest, that is where the sewing oil can penetrate into the damage and make it as free as possible. You do not want to break off the plug into the head. Bad things happen if you do.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by kevhead75
E3 plugs are crap in these motors. Put motorcrafts back in. That should help with the problems.

You sure u have the socket seated on the plug? Is it possible you cross threaded it when you put the plugs in?
I'm sure he would consider this, if only he could get the E3 plug out of cylinder #4! That's his problem/question...
Old 01-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Sgt Shawshank

i took it to the chevy dealer that i bought it from 3 months ago and they managed to get the plug out not sure how but they put the motocraft sp-515 back in so all ill have left to do is change out 4 more plugs and 5 more coils and if she still wont run right im going to pull my hair out.

Quick Reply: HELP!! truck barely runs.