Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HELP! Seriously... My A/C Hates Me

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP! Seriously... My A/C Hates Me

This wouldnt bother me so much if I didnt have a 10 hour trip coming up in 9 days with 3 friends... So here's what is up. My A/C only lasts 10-30 minutes depending on the day, it starts nice and cold then as the drive goes on it starts to warm up and eventually just blows warm, at this time the a/c compressor is not running and a coworker who teaches HVAC as his primary job said my high pressure line felt too hot to him, he also had one of those recharge can gauges with him and said the charge was a hair low but not bad. My AC condenser does not appear damaged and only has minimal bugs in it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Ive read that it could be the compressor clutch could be the switches/sensors could be charge could be a clog just from different forums even for different vehicles. so i figured id take a shot on a forum for my truck. The truck is a 2006 XL STX with the 4.6L. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by platerpants; 08-06-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:09 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

check your fan clutch.. i had a issue where my high side pressures were spiking HIGH at idle.... ended up being fan clutch took it off and i can spin it with my hand which is bad
Old 08-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having a similar problem. It runs for about 5-20 mins. depend on the temp. then blows hot and compressor shuts off. Have you found anything yet?
I had it serviced no fix. Replaced the orifice tube. No fix. I ran it until the compressor kicked off. I tried jumping the low and high pressure switches, still no compressor. The only other options I have is either moisture in the system freezing or there might be a thermal switch in the compressor itself that is tripping it off.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put up my own post of woes for same issue. Did you resolve this and if so please let us know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:59 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Have you verified that the compressor is engaging or not?

Quick Reply: HELP! Seriously... My A/C Hates Me