Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help! Reduced engine power, engine hesitation, engine clunking..

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Reduced engine power, engine hesitation, engine clunking..

Hey I have a 2005 Ford v8 5.4L.. Recently my check engine came on, and when I was coming home that day i could barely make it up the hill at 50mph (pedal to the floor). So i parked it and the next day the issue remained. Symptoms are reduced engine power, engine is hesitant (as in my foots on the floor), and the engine makes a clunking noise trying to go uphill and stops moving. It starts up perfectly and idles under 1000rpm and doesn't stall. So i've ruled out spark plugs being bad, and i've been told maybe its bad gas (lean gas). So i've tried putting in addictives such as water remover and octane booster to help the gas but the issue remained. I then went and cleaned my MAF sensor attached to my K&N filter and that didn't help. The truck still runs but something about going uphill isn't sitting well, i feel like its a fuel issue or possibly i need to clean my fuel injectors ? I would bring it to the shop but i can't afford the repairs for a couple weeks .Any ideas or opinons would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Animal Hoarder

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Pull the codes and check back... thats the first place to start. Everything else is just guessing.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea if you got a engine light then its got a code, the code will tell you everything you need to know. Alot of mechanics will read a code for a little bit of nothing so find out and let us know
Old 02-13-2012, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess ill buy my buddy a 6pack to use his scanner and get back to you with the code and description .
Old 02-13-2012, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Advance Auto Parts will read the code for you for free. Try your local chain auto parts store.

Oldrice-

Quick Reply: Help! Reduced engine power, engine hesitation, engine clunking..