Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help with radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help with radio

Ok was hooking up a aftermarket radio today in my son truck which is a 2005 Ford F-150 crew cab. Was hooking the radio up and plug in the Wire harness and radio come on. What get trick is we was putting in a steering wheel adapter kit and when we plug that in everything on the radio went blank. I went back and checked fuses and they don't looked blown. So we took radio back out and plug the factory radio back up and it don't come on. Need help if you can point me into any direction to get this going again. Thanks
Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 AM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

Sounds similar to the post I was helping with the other day. Fuse 1 is definitely not blown? Do you have a voltmeter? You must have shorted it somewhere when you plugged in the steering wheel adapter. As I've mentioned before too, a fuse may not look blown but it may be a hairline crack. Pull Fuse 1 and see if it looks ok? If really unsure, swap it. Also check F31 just in case... many decks still need the memory line to work.

I've added the radio wiring again to this post in case it helps.
Attached Thumbnails Help with radio-radio.jpg  

Last edited by homer; 01-12-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was fuse 22 that was blown. Changed it and got it to work again. We was trying to hook up a steering wheel adapter Kit that keep blowing the fuse. Finally just took it out and everything is good. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Help with radio