Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HELP PLEASE.. 2004 F150 Looses power

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE.. 2004 F150 Looses power

Just bought this truck it was running fine when I got it. After a week of driving it, it looses power, the engine sort of stalls when I put foot to the pedal, like to pass or merge onto a highway.
Codes indicated cam phasers, replaced them and it still doing same thing. Threw the same code. Took them off and cleaned them, got a couple other codes. Took it to Ford Service, they told me it was out of time.
So.. I have replaced cam phasers, tensioners, oil pump, water pump, cam position sensor, crank position sensor, vct solenoids, throttle position sensor, timing chain, and all guides. Got the truck back together and it is running like crap. Rough idle, wants to die if I put it in reverse.
Took it to a different Ford Dealer. First they told me there was nothing wrong with it and the truck ran great. I told him to drive it like he stole it and he called me back and said he gets it.
The truck threw codes, After a full day they told me there was a burnt rubber gasket on some sensor and the compression was off by 4%.
They said a spark plug was arcing.
I had them replace all plugs, then they ran another compression test and said it was exactly where it should be and the truck is STILL doing the same thing and the only thing they could think of was the Catalytic converter might be clogged. I brought the truck home, barely made it. The Cat is fine. Not clogged.
Two FORD dealers, Lots of $$$$ later and I can't drive the truck. Frustrated doesn't say it. I'm lost. Would appreciate any help.

Last edited by frustrated2; 10-06-2016 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: HELP PLEASE.. 2004 F150 Looses power