Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help needed. Intermittent AC power.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 12:48 PM
PRB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed. Intermittent AC power.

First post here and looking for some help. I've searched online and the forum and have yet to come up with anything.

The issue is with an '08 FX4. No issues until a couple days ago. I started the truck and the AC was dead. My first thought was a fuse. I left the truck running and, before I could get into the fuse panel, the AC kicked on and ran fine. No cooling issues or fan speed issues. Since then it has done this multiple times and all under different circumstances. Sometimes when starting and then sometimes when on the road it start and stop intermittently. It has ran for as long as 3-4 hours, with lots of driving and the ignition being turned of multiple times, and as little as five minutes. It's completely random and sporadic.

Ran a diagnostic on it yesterday afternoon that showed no fault codes. While troubleshooting, you can hear the relay (R06) engaging and disengaging, at random, while the truck is running. When it disengages, the AC stops and the lights on AC switch as well as recirculating switch on the dash go out. I've swapped the relay out and the problem stays the same. My feeling is that the relay is losing power and killing power to the AC controls. I have been unable to find any loose connections. Anyone have any ideas or dealt with a similar issue?

Quick Reply: Help needed. Intermittent AC power.