Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help my feet are getting cold!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help my feet are getting cold!!

2008 F-150 STX: Anybody had this problem. I have very little air blowing out on the floor of the drivers side and more blowing out of the passenger side. Also I noticed some white grease about a month ago on the drivers side floor mat I thought I carried in on my shoe. But today I looked up under the dash to see why drivers side isn't blowing and the same white grease is running down the side of the heating unit.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Well, I don't have the white grease *knock on wood*, but I have noticed that I don't get very much heat onto my feet, but the passenger's side seems to get lots of heat. I'm going to have to investigate a bit more, as it's rather annoying. Anyone else have this problem, maybe other model years?

Pipes - What cab do you have? I have a regular cab, and sometimes it feels like cold air is hitting the backs of my legs/feet.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Mine is the same way. Wife's feet stay toasty while mine curse them.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here, 2005 Scab with cold feet...
Old 12-19-2008, 09:18 AM

I'm having the dealer look into it next Wednesday. This is my first F150 and I realy like it . That's the only problem I have with it. I used to be all Jeeps.
Old 12-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here, very little heat to my feet on the drivers side. 2006 screw.

Let us know what the dealer says on Wednesday? (Isn't that Christmas Eve)

John
Old 12-19-2008, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by nagata
Well, I don't have the white grease *knock on wood*, but I have noticed that I don't get very much heat onto my feet, but the passenger's side seems to get lots of heat. I'm going to have to investigate a bit more, as it's rather annoying. Anyone else have this problem, maybe other model years?

Pipes - What cab do you have? I have a regular cab, and sometimes it feels like cold air is hitting the backs of my legs/feet.
Scab
Sometimes I feel cold air also.

Trending Topics

Old 12-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Wear socks; heated ones!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Finally got it the dealership to get it checked. It seems it is normal. I even compared mine with some of the same 08's on the lot and they all did the same thing. I decided to investigate for myself. I found that the plastic trim panel that goes around the heater on the floor has a 3 slot luver cut into it and covers the opening on the drivers side and stops before it hits the opening on the passenger side. So I took a utility knife and cut out an opening to match the passenger side and now get even heat. My feet actually get hot now. Don't know why they did it that way but it's all good now!!
The following users liked this post:
Blondie70 (01-13-2016)
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Proudly Rockin the XL!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pipes
Finally got it the dealership to get it checked. It seems it is normal. I even compared mine with some of the same 08's on the lot and they all did the same thing. I decided to investigate for myself. I found that the plastic trim panel that goes around the heater on the floor has a 3 slot luver cut into it and covers the opening on the drivers side and stops before it hits the opening on the passenger side. So I took a utility knife and cut out an opening to match the passenger side and now get even heat. My feet actually get hot now. Don't know why they did it that way but it's all good now!!
Alright, sweet, I'll have to take a look at it and probably do the same. Thanks for the update!

Quick Reply: Help my feet are getting cold!!