Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HELP! LED Cluster Swap Problems! Help PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HELP! LED Cluster Swap Problems! Help PLEASE!

Hi. I'm swapping out the bulbs in my cluster to LEDS, this is on a Lariat cluster by the way. I've got the unit apart, bulbs switched to leds, but I can't get the faceplate off to get the green tint off for the true blue LEDs I ordered. I've taken a hair dryer for 4 min on HIGH heat, Low fan and it feels like I'm going to break it off. It seems like the tabs arent releasing cuz it appears to want to rip right there. Help, I'm afraid to pull it off and then it does break. Any info would be AWESOME! Thanks! I can get pics if needed.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:46 PM

Got it. Thanks FOMOCO466. I'll get pics once it gets a lil darker out. I notice that its not even lighted but again, I'll check when its dark.

So I got it all back together, needles correct... This is when my dimmer is on high. Any way I can get these to shine brighter? I'd like the entire cluster to be as bright as the center Speedo. Suggestions please??!??!??
Attached Thumbnails HELP! LED Cluster Swap Problems! Help PLEASE!-cluster.jpg  

Last edited by VanoFord; 01-23-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Fords For Life

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Your gonna have to take it apart and reposition the lights or add more powerful ones
Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Lol

LOL the LED's are have polarity.. you need to take the cluster out and flip the unlit LED's 180 and it'll look 1000 % better. Now you just have to fix the issue of no needles at night... that's why I made my own so they show up at night.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by FOMOCO466
LOL the LED's are have polarity.. you need to take the cluster out and flip the unlit LED's 180 and it'll look 1000 % better. Now you just have to fix the issue of no needles at night... that's why I made my own so they show up at night.
Ok, will flip in the morning. Not too keen into takin the truck apart in my complex this late (apt living SUCKS!). Now you made your own needles? Do they shine the color of your display, i.e. mine would shine the blue of the leds? how did you do all this? I was wanting to have blue needles as i stared at them while scraping the green film off. Thanks for all the help!!!

On a side note, off topic, I'm lookin to get my interior now, windows, etc. Are all of them 5mm, or should i get some 3mm for like the HVAC controls or 5 good there too? I love forums... especially this one.

Last edited by VanoFord; 01-24-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP! LED Cluster Swap Problems! Help PLEASE!