Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help on hiding my radar wires

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help on hiding my radar wires

I have a 06 f150 xlt. Ive connected the ground and tapped my radios power wire, but im having trouble running the phone jack cord through the dash and up the side panels and headliner. How do you remove the panel with the driver side, left A/C vent, and the panel with the handle on it that runs up the headliner?

Also, i thought the power wire to the radio would only turn the radar on when the trucks was on, but it doesnt. Anyone know what wire i should should tap so that it only comes on when i turn the truck on?

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:05 PM

tap the ignition wire. on my evo i grounded it behind the a pillar and ran one wire to the actual ignition harness near the column
Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRipper
I have a 06 f150 xlt. Ive connected the ground and tapped my radios power wire, but im having trouble running the phone jack cord through the dash and up the side panels and headliner. How do you remove the panel with the driver side, left A/C vent, and the panel with the handle on it that runs up the headliner?

Also, i thought the power wire to the radio would only turn the radar on when the trucks was on, but it doesnt. Anyone know what wire i should should tap so that it only comes on when i turn the truck on?

Thanks for the help.
The dark grey strip that surrounds the driver side vent can not be removed. Its part of the whole dash. There is a kick panel, if you open your door, that can be removed to gain access. It just pulls out. To remove the A-pillar (panel w/ handle up to headliner), first remove the 2 tabs on the handle. This is done to gain access to the 2 screws that hold it onto the frame. After these are removed, it simply pulls out. As far as where you should tap into, you got me. I don't do wiring/electrical stuff. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2010, 02:28 PM

Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Do you have map lights you can tap into? Does your mirror have wiring harness going to it that you can tap?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:54 PM

ok i got the phone jack wire through the dash and through the headliner. Thanks for the help.

yes i have map lights but id like to tap into something behind the dash because thats where my ground is and the cord isnt very long. maybe the cigarette lighter? if i tap the cigarette lighter, will i need a larger fuse? or will the cigarette lighter still have enough power?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Buy a InvisiCord. It plugs up to your radar if its a valentin, excourt/passport, and a few other name brands...on the back of your mirror there should be a power source for the mirror tint if its equipped...grab a power meter and find a 12v+ and a ground and they plug right in...easy fix to your problem and the cord is like 20 bucks online
Old 02-15-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 338 Likes on 213 Posts

Invisicord and a Blendmount is the way to go providing you have a source.

Quick Reply: Help on hiding my radar wires