Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help with fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with fuel problem

hi so ive got a 04 f150 5.4 last week stalled on me, cranks, sparks, no fuel so first thing is change that fpdm which ive changed 3 times already (truck has 300k on it ) wasnt cororded but i swithed it anyways but it didnt fix the problem then i smack my tank and the truck starts so it lead me to beleive the fuel pump was seizing up so drop the tank all lines and wires look good plug it back up still no fuel. scan my truck with a scanner i get fuel rail sensor fault can this cause no start? and also i get power to my pump but no ground if i run a ground strait to the pump truck runs great so my other question is can i drive with the pump ground hardwired like that? thanks for the help
Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f150montreal
hi so ive got a 04 f150 5.4 last week stalled on me, cranks, sparks, no fuel so first thing is change that fpdm which ive changed 3 times already (truck has 300k on it ) wasnt cororded but i swithed it anyways but it didnt fix the problem then i smack my tank and the truck starts so it lead me to beleive the fuel pump was seizing up so drop the tank all lines and wires look good plug it back up still no fuel. scan my truck with a scanner i get fuel rail sensor fault can this cause no start? and also i get power to my pump but no ground if i run a ground strait to the pump truck runs great so my other question is can i drive with the pump ground hardwired like that? thanks for the help

Running a separate ground wire probably won't cause any issues, but it would be better to identify the reason the regular ground isn't connected - could be a short or broken wire which could indicate a bigger issue with the harness or connections. Safety first.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have ground at the fpdm but its not sending a ground to my pump could it be the fuel rail pressure sensor thats telling it not to start the pump?
Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 AM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

ground out the pump to make it run and clear the DTC... see if the pressure sensor DTC comes back..

Quick Reply: Help with fuel problem