Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help: Daytime-Running-Lights & Interior-Dome-Lights (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: Daytime-Running-Lights & Interior-Dome-Lights (with pics)

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with properly disabling my DRLs...
I know this question has been asked before, but this time I would like a visual confirmation of the exact fuse to pull... as I noticed there are doubles...

'DRL Fuse Box':

I was also looking for any tips on replacing the interior dome light bulbs... basically tips on removing the covers without breaking them...

Front Lamps:

Rear Lamps:

Thanks in advance…
Old 02-13-2010, 04:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I found out (just last night in fact) that its really easy to remove the dome lights. The entire housing has to come down. Do not pull on the lens covers. The bulbs are accessed from the belly of the housing. All you have to do is pull them straight down. Just squeeze your fingers between the housing and the headliner, and pull down. They are only held in place with little clips. I also came up with a super simple and really fast mod to make all three of the rear lights to light up. Take a look at the picture, the little screw in the bottom right corner is not stock. Simply screw a proper sized short screw into the hole that is already there and make sure the two metal lines get pinched by the screw (the first screw i used happened to be just the right size). When you connect these two lines, it sends power to the reading lights whenever the dome lights comes on. Nothing else changes. The reading lights will still work as normal. Just a nifty little idea i came up with last night. BTW the reading lights are 194 style bulbs, and the rear dome light is a 39mm festoon style bulb.
Attached Thumbnails Help: Daytime-Running-Lights & Interior-Dome-Lights (with pics)-0213001303.jpg  

Last edited by imafordboi69; 02-13-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:01 PM

^ A+ response for the dome lights! THANKS!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 AM

bump for DRL help
Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 AM

Your daytime running lights should be the main headlight switch on the dash. Just switch them to "O" off position.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdca7718
Your daytime running lights should be the main headlight switch on the dash. Just switch them to "O" off position.
that is completely wrong, all canadian trucks have DRL all the time the engine is running, no matter if the switch is off.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by bikerboy
that is completely wrong, all canadian trucks have DRL all the time the engine is running, no matter if the switch is off.
It's not completely wrong, it works on my truck. Not my fault you live in canada.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdca7718
It's not completely wrong, it works on my truck. Not my fault you live in canada.

well if all your lights turn off with engine running when you turn the switch to off, then you do not really have DRL's at all.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:24 AM

Actually I do have DRL's, I can choose to use them or not, my choice.

For the OP: Owners manual page 244.

Pull R03 & R201. That is it, the DRL circuit is now dead without those 2 relays.

If you want to leave the circuit for the DRL resistor energized, and just pull the DRL resistor, it is next to the driver's side headlamp housing, behind the rubber flap. Keep in mind, if you only pull the DRL resistor, the connector still has power going to it with those 2 relays installed.

Found on this site post#9: http://www.f150online.com/forums/ele...or-wiring.html
Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 PM

update:
the dome lights change was successful! lol. and the 'screw' mod is too awesome... not to mention too easy!

as for the DRLs...
i know that the two 'top' square fuses work with the DRL system... but i am not clear if i am supposed to pull both or just one (which one?)
someone who has done this before, could you please circle which fuse(s) have to go in order to disable the DRLs without disabling anything else?... thanks!

Quick Reply: Help: Daytime-Running-Lights & Interior-Dome-Lights (with pics)