Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help with choosing lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Help with choosing lift

So I plan on doing a 6 inch lift sometime soonish and have narrowed It down to 3 brands: rough country, procomp stage 1 and fabtech stage 1 (I only go offroad like once every 2 months maybe and its light). Basically I wanna keep it at or under 2 grand installed and can't decide what's gonna be best for my needs. So I'm on the road 95 percent of the time and never do anything crazy off road. Ive heard the fabtech is the "best" due to construction and components but the cheapest ive found the basic kit is like 1800 whereas the procomp can be found for 1500 and the rough country for 1300(I believe this kit requires drilling though and I won't be doing the install so that would surely boost the install costs). Any suggestions or personal experiences?
Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM

Bump...
Old 01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bossman15
So I plan on doing a 6 inch lift sometime soonish and have narrowed It down to 3 brands: rough country, procomp stage 1 and fabtech stage 1 (I only go offroad like once every 2 months maybe and its light). Basically I wanna keep it at or under 2 grand installed and can't decide what's gonna be best for my needs. So I'm on the road 95 percent of the time and never do anything crazy off road. Ive heard the fabtech is the "best" due to construction and components but the cheapest ive found the basic kit is like 1800 whereas the procomp can be found for 1500 and the rough country for 1300(I believe this kit requires drilling though and I won't be doing the install so that would surely boost the install costs). Any suggestions or personal experiences?
Do not go with rough country.Their junk on our style f-150's.Go with Pro-Comp for the cost.I don't think you can use stock wheels if thats what your using?I say save up for the Fabtech,and install,but thats my opinion man.Just try and avoid rough country at all costs.I have seem them in action on 1 chevy and 2 of our style F150's here going muddin and to me their junk.Again tho,thats just my opinion.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM

Ya that's what I've hear from some and others swear by them. I do have aftermarket wheels and am leaning towards the fabtech. I've heard that procomp stacks their blocks which is a big no no and that their crossmember is hideous which I something I don't wanna spend money on then have it be ugly as hell. I'm probably just gonna find a good deal on a fabtech stage 1 and try and work a deal on the install I guess.

Quick Reply: Help with choosing lift