Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help with broken ABS wheel sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with broken ABS wheel sensor

Hello!

First thanks in advance for any advice you guys (and gals) can give. So, to make a long story short, I was changing out my front ball joints and upper control arms this past weekend (went surprisingly well, really not that tough!). Everything went fine except I broke the front passenger side ABS sensor (wish I had read to detach the wire from the wheel well as opposed to removing the sensor/sensor bolt). I have everything back together now and the truck drives great. I want to replace the sensor but have a few questions before i proceed.

1. will i be able to use a pick/pliers/other tools to break apart and remove the bit of the sensor that remained stuck in the wheel hub? My concern is that the socket/hole that the sensor fits into communicates with the mechanics of the wheel hub and i could potentially push material into the wheel hub.

2. If the above is true, can I access the sensor from inside the hub and pound it out?

I have searched the forums and have had no luck finding an answer to these questions. Hope all of this makes sense.

BTW: I have a 2005 4x4 lariat crew cab (~180,000 miles and still going strong)

Thanks!!!
Old 03-14-2016, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also broke mine while doing some work. It broke flush right at the hole where the sensor is located. I took a small drill bit and carefully drilled out the center and used some small picks and needle nose pliers to slowly loosen it so it would turn and then I pulled it out. You are supposed to put grease on the new one when you install it. I do not believe you can push it out from inside.

Quick Reply: Help with broken ABS wheel sensor