Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help Auto Door Locks 06 Lariat Crew 4x4

Old 03-02-2010, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help Auto Door Locks 06 Lariat Crew 4x4

Just bought an 06 Lariat crew 4x4 w/31k miles. I test drove it 2 separate days, the 2nd day took off an afternoon from work and drove the heck out of it. Well I made the negotiations and I'm pretty glad to have purchased it. Here's the clicker or rather the locks are the clicker. Only been driving it two days and started noticing that occasionally the locks unlock while driving and then continue to click. After parking I lock it and walk away, come back later and its unlocked. What's up? Anyone got a suggestion to fix this? Previous owner says he didn't have a problem with it. And it didn't do it while I test drove it.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

I know my truck wont let you lock it with the key in the ignition and the truck turned off. It will lock for a couple seconds then unlock... perhaps theres a sensor in the cylinder for the ignition that wont let it stay unlocked. If the sensor is messed, it might think that the key is still in. just an idea, I dont know for sure
Old 03-02-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea, I know it won't stay locked with the truck running. Good luck
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by lariat 04
No idea, I know it won't stay locked with the truck running. Good luck
Are you sure? I lock mine with the keys in it and running all the time.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ScenicLariat
Just bought an 06 Lariat crew 4x4 w/31k miles. I test drove it 2 separate days, the 2nd day took off an afternoon from work and drove the heck out of it. Well I made the negotiations and I'm pretty glad to have purchased it. Here's the clicker or rather the locks are the clicker. Only been driving it two days and started noticing that occasionally the locks unlock while driving and then continue to click. After parking I lock it and walk away, come back later and its unlocked. What's up? Anyone got a suggestion to fix this? Previous owner says he didn't have a problem with it. And it didn't do it while I test drove it.
Is it all four doors, or just the driver door?
Old 03-03-2010, 03:27 PM

Could the "unlock" button on your clicker be stuck?

Just for grins, leave your clicked at home and try locking/unlocking with the key while you are away from home. See if there is the same problem.

About leaving the keys in the ignition and locking the doors........

If you have a driver's door keypad, you will be able to lock the doors even with the engine running if you push the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time. Of course you don't want to do this if you don't know the door entry code or have an extra clicker.......

It's been suggested that disconnecting the negative battery cable for a while and re-connecting it will reset the computer and correct a number of little electrical problems............. but this has sometimes has been blamed for causing other problems........... kinda a crap shoot.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 PM

Default GatorB8

Its mostly the driver's door but the other doors also ocassionally unlock. Its really frustrating. I lock it and walk away, return later sometimes and hour other times several, and the driver's door is unlocked.

I take off the doors all lock as I move forward, and then as I'm driving within a few seconds, the drivers door unlocks. And then it keeps trying to lock and keeps clicking, which causes all the doors to continue to click, until I push the manual lock. It locks and then within a few minutes or so, it starts the process all over again.

Its really aggravating, you buy the truck on Monday, and it starts doing this on Monday night.

Thanks for all the comments.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 PM
blue blood

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

water in the door key pad water in a switch .bad key-less module
Old 03-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Default Solved the problem

Originally Posted by foolwitools
Could the "unlock" button on your clicker be stuck?

Just for grins, leave your clicked at home and try locking/unlocking with the key while you are away from home. See if there is the same problem.

About leaving the keys in the ignition and locking the doors........

If you have a driver's door keypad, you will be able to lock the doors even with the engine running if you push the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time. Of course you don't want to do this if you don't know the door entry code or have an extra clicker.......

It's been suggested that disconnecting the negative battery cable for a while and re-connecting it will reset the computer and correct a number of little electrical problems............. but this has sometimes has been blamed for causing other problems........... kinda a crap shoot.

Took the battery out of the key remote and the problem went away.
It does not have the problem at all with the second set of keys.

I love my truck. Don't have any pictures of it yet except on my phone. But its Dark Red and Tan, has the cool honeycomb grill. Nicest vehicle I've ever owned.

Thanks for everyone's comments you all saved the day.

If anyone needs a new key remote check out this website:

http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/fo...FRknawodqz3gnA
Old 03-04-2010, 11:19 PM

Just a thought??? You could try disabling the auto lock feature. There might be something jacked with that. It's on the "menu" button if I remember right.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Auto Door Locks 06 Lariat Crew 4x4