Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Help and Advice on a 06 King Ranch

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help and Advice on a 06 King Ranch

Hey Guys,

I'm a brand new F150 owner and I got a great 06 F150 2 wheel drive King Ranch.

However, I am needing a bit of advice.

1. Mine has power folding mirrors...the drivers side works; however the passenger side doesnt. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. My brakes are RIDICULOUSLY squeaky. The pads are around 75%, so Im not too sure what the cause could be...

3. My check engine light came on the other day and I checked the code. My Cyl. 5 is occasionally misfiring. It suposedly has new spark plugs...so would it be the ignition coil for that cyl?

Now for the fun stuff!

Im trying to decide on a grill and a toolbox that will look best on the truck. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help! Im looking forward to chatting with yall!
Attached Images  

Last edited by BaylorBear; 04-30-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Jared

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

welcome to the board!! good lookin truck! I personally would suggest a weatherguard toolbox if you're willing to spend the 6-800$. those will last longer than the truck and you have to have a cutting torch to get into them. definatley a worthy investment for the truck!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:37 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by BaylorBear
1. Mine has power folding mirrors...the drivers side works; however the passenger side doesnt. Anyone have any suggestions?Get yourself a multimeter or simple powerprobe and check for voltage on the side that does not work. Usually it's a broken ground. A good factory type repair manual with schematics are needed to trace these power leads and grounds

2. My brakes are RIDICULOUSLY squeaky. The pads are around 75%, so Im not too sure what the cause could be...Remove a wheel and caliper to get access to the pads. Most likely a previous owner installed metallic type pads; these offer great stopping power, but squeal like a pig. You can see if they have an "anti-squeal" type backing (on the back side of the pad), or install a set of ceramic pads; these offer good stopping power, and much less squeal and dust. It all depends on what you plan to use the truck for: towing requires better braking power (read metallic pads).

3. My check engine light came on the other day and I checked the code. My Cyl. 5 is occasionally misfiring. It suposedly has new spark plugs...so would it be the ignition coil for that cyl? I'd suspect the COP (coil over plug) for that cylinder.
See my suggestions in red.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions!

How do I open up the mirror to get to everything? I played with it just a bit today, but I wanted to check so I wouldnt break it.

Thanks again!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Ouch, misfiring on a new truck. Try swapping the COPs between 5 and 6 and see if the code moves. While you're swapping them double check that both plugs are tightened at 25 ft-lb.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

One of my cylinders was misfiring and a new coil pack for that cylinder solved the problem. Maybe thats what u need

Quick Reply: Help and Advice on a 06 King Ranch