Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

hello new to forums

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello new to forums

hello name is Ben live in CO normally a car guy but i picked up hunting last year and i really liked it, going again this year and need a truck. haven't really had a chance to look all year with everything else i had going on so waited till the last minute and it should only take a minute right?

anyways

i went for a test drive today in a 2006 XLT super cab, 5.4, 4x4, auto, 120k miles. i liked it the price was OK. but i do have a few concerns,
1 the brake light on the cluster was always on the entire test drive, i checked the fluid level it was good, i was wondering if an 06 XLT had brake pad sensors, or if the ABS light was combined in the same light as the parking brake light?
2 when i was pulling back into the dealership and i heard a weird vibrating noise kind of like the ABS was kicking on and my wife was sitting in the back seat and said she felt it in the back and that is where i felt it coming from too, no i didn't activate the ABS slowing down fast kinda like the left rear i was thinking about taking it to ford and getting a diagnosis on it but thought i would try a forum first see if anyone has run into these problems before

thanks

Ben
Old 09-23-2014, 12:29 PM
F150 Life

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Bonner
hello name is Ben live in CO normally a car guy but i picked up hunting last year and i really liked it, going again this year and need a truck. haven't really had a chance to look all year with everything else i had going on so waited till the last minute and it should only take a minute right?

anyways

i went for a test drive today in a 2006 XLT super cab, 5.4, 4x4, auto, 120k miles. i liked it the price was OK. but i do have a few concerns,
1 the brake light on the cluster was always on the entire test drive, i checked the fluid level it was good, i was wondering if an 06 XLT had brake pad sensors, or if the ABS light was combined in the same light as the parking brake light?
2 when i was pulling back into the dealership and i heard a weird vibrating noise kind of like the ABS was kicking on and my wife was sitting in the back seat and said she felt it in the back and that is where i felt it coming from too, no i didn't activate the ABS slowing down fast kinda like the left rear i was thinking about taking it to ford and getting a diagnosis on it but thought i would try a forum first see if anyone has run into these problems before

thanks

Ben
First off, you'll never go wrong going with the F150's. I'm on my second (2005 with the 5.4) and haven't really seen too many problems at all.

The ABS light should not be connected to the same light as the brake. The only reason that light should be on is if the ebrake is pushed in (even slightly) I'd say they are a bit sensitive, then again I have a 2005, not a 2006 so it's possible they made a slight change within the year.

As for the vibration, I experience that going on the freeway as I'm accelerating. After doing some research, I'm learning that the brakes and tires have a big play in that vibration (as long as it goes away) if It doesn't, you may have a deeper issue.

Hopefully we can get some more input, I'm no expert. Just speaking from experience.
The following users liked this post:
Ben Bonner (11-23-2014)
Old 09-26-2014, 01:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be a good idea to spend money to have Ford do a ppi. I'm on my 3rd 5.4 ford but first 3v and I wish I had the older engines sometimes. Only because of the 2 part spark plug and the ticking.

May be worth asking if they know when the plugs where changed last if at all.

Those are imo the two biggest issues with the 04-08 but they wouldn't stop me from buying another.
The following users liked this post:
Ben Bonner (11-23-2014)
Old 11-23-2014, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your responses see you around. its a car they always break im sure ill be around looking for some advice here and there

Quick Reply: hello new to forums