Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Heater problems '06

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater problems '06

Anyone know how to fix my heater in my '06 it doesn't have any floor heat...when u switch it to floor it comes out the dash vents.
Was also wondering why my backup sensor usually doesn't work.
electrical $%##!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
FLARESIDE MAN !!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on the driverside of the dash behind the radio area is a selector motor there is foam that is around that motor and selector arms to quite the motor movement.... that foam gets bound up on the selector arms causing the arm to bind giving you the wrong air flow.. problem is this not a quick fix we have had to pull the dash back to access the area to remove the foam... most likely NOT a vaccum leak the system would default to defrost mode if there was anytype of vaccum leak

if you back up sensor light turns off when you put it in reverse you have a shorted sensor check the condtion off the face for any damage replace that sensor other wise you need a ford scan tool to find the shorted sensor.. or buy one and swap one at a time till you find the bad one...

good luck
Old 11-23-2009, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorFORDtech
on the driverside of the dash behind the radio area is a selector motor there is foam that is around that motor and selector arms to quite the motor movement.... that foam gets bound up on the selector arms causing the arm to bind giving you the wrong air flow.. problem is this not a quick fix we have had to pull the dash back to access the area to remove the foam... most likely NOT a vaccum leak the system would default to defrost mode if there was anytype of vaccum leak

if you back up sensor light turns off when you put it in reverse you have a shorted sensor check the condtion off the face for any damage replace that sensor other wise you need a ford scan tool to find the shorted sensor.. or buy one and swap one at a time till you find the bad one...

good luck
Thanks you very much for the tips senior ford tech! I will give it a try.

Quick Reply: Heater problems '06