Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Heated mirror issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated mirror issue

I replaced my drive side mirror with a mirror from someone here on the forums. Same mirror I had.. Well the heated part does not work and when I have the heated feature on turn signal in the mirror on the side that I replaced doesn't work. I turn the heater off and then it blinks as normal. Anyone have any ideas? It's an 04 f150 screw
Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tbirdtommy
I replaced my drive side mirror with a mirror from someone here on the forums. Same mirror I had.. Well the heated part does not work and when I have the heated feature on turn signal in the mirror on the side that I replaced doesn't work. I turn the heater off and then it blinks as normal. Anyone have any ideas? It's an 04 f150 screw

The new mirror may be from an '07 truck... if so, I'm pretty sure they are wired differently than your '04....
Old 02-22-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that would have been nice to know... It does have some sort of tint around the center of the mirror.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't there a way to remove the pin from the plug and change location to match the trucks plug?

Was reading that you have to cut the wire and push pin (connecter) out the front of the plug. Reinsert it in the matching location and re solder.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyCJ
Isn't there a way to remove the pin from the plug and change location to match the trucks plug?

Was reading that you have to cut the wire and push pin (connecter) out the front of the plug. Reinsert it in the matching location and re solder.
You have to remove the ground from pin #2 and move it to pin #8... That should fix it all. Make sure to only do it to the one that's not working.....

If you need a easy lesson on pin swapping, let me know. It's easier than you think. (I soldered all my wires but isn't realty necessary for this job since it's just a ground wire you're relocating.)

Last edited by Inkdot22; 02-23-2014 at 02:36 AM. Reason: More to say
The following users liked this post:
RustyCJ (04-18-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 02:16 PM

Just recently picked up a set of P/H/S mirrors of a 2013 for my 2004. Decided against the tow mirrors. Had to change the pin from #2 to #8. Would lose the signals when the defrost was on.

Just to add a little info or clarity for anyone else.

The plug is the truck side not the mirror side. The mirror side already had the pins in #2 and #8.

As far as de-pinning, I used a very small jeweler's screwdriver(paperclip will work also) from the front side to release the pin and pulled pin out the back. No Cutting Required!

The drivers side now works 100%. The passenger side still the same. So now I'll have to repeat the procedure on right side.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:18 PM

Here's the diagram. Its already on this site, I'll add it here also.
Attached Thumbnails Heated mirror issue-forumrunner_20140420_132552.jpg  
Old 04-20-2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Inkdot22

You have to remove the ground from pin #2 and move it to pin #8... That should fix it all. Make sure to only do it to the one that's not working.....

If you need a easy lesson on pin swapping, let me know. It's easier than you think. (I soldered all my wires but isn't realty necessary for this job since it's just a ground wire you're relocating.)
Thanks again for posting the info. Little did I know id be doing this in the next two months.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by tbirdtommy
Did you get this fixed? It actually takes longer to take the panel off then the actual pin swap.

Quick Reply: Heated mirror issue