Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Headunit

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 12:34 AM

Received 51 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Headunit

So let me get some opinions. I want to go with a Bluetooth head unit that's I can hook a sub up to also. But if I go with a single din I can get the pocket tray that I can put my phone into or should I go with a touch screen double din? What do you guys run? All input is appreciated.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:46 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've got a Kenwood Double din touchscreen.
Has built in Bluetooth and a full sound system hooked up to it. (Sub, amplified speakers)
I love it, has a lot of functions I find useful, can dial phone numbers off of it as well.

You shouldn't worry about having a spot for your phone anyways, shouldn't need it near you while driving.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:50 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Project_Red
So let me get some opinions. I want to go with a Bluetooth head unit that's I can hook a sub up to also. But if I go with a single din I can get the pocket tray that I can put my phone into or should I go with a touch screen double din? What do you guys run? All input is appreciated.
from my personal experience, I've always gotten better audio quality from a mid range priced touchscreen double din, audio quality itself isn't a big deal with door speakers but when you add an amp and subs that's where you can really tell, bad audio quality from a low-mid end single din will clip the signal and make your subs sound less than ideal due to the not so up to par equalizer and sound options( the ability to cut bass from door speakers is huge) Not always the case however, alpine and kenwood to name a few make a couple decent single dins with good audio output. What I think it really comes down to is how much will you use the touchscreen, I had the kenwood app radio in my 07 and I hardly touched it, so I sold it and switched over to a kenwood single din with the cubby underneath and boy does that little 2 inch tray come in handy. In terms on installation they are both about the same difficulty and go in the same way, I did find however the factory 12V radio power wire in the factory harness was not sufficient for the touchscreen, so I had to run a wire straight to the 12V ignition fuse and it worked perfectly. It is sufficient for the single din though. Best of luck man.

Quick Reply: Headunit