Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Headlights wont shut off

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 01:39 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Headlights wont shut off

Hey guys..2 nights ago i looked out my window and both headlights were on..I thought someone had tried to open my door to break in...Went outside and actually had to pull the HID connectors to shut them off..The next day i plugged in a stock H13 bulb to eliminate any HID probs..same thing, the minute i plug the connector to the headlight...it comes on..I then took the headlight switch apart as i suspect thats the issue, and the truck wouldnt start..got a boost and been good since...But the light prob is still there.

I see my high beam indicator light wont go off either..I have DRL's as well. Pulled relays and fuses to try and shut the HB indicator off..still wont do it.

This sound like a headlight switch or possibly a multi function switch prob?...or a battery issue?..the battery is 4 years old..charging good tho. I've read maybe the auto headlight switch as well...Getting frustrated.....truck specs are in the siggy......Thanx all
Old 05-26-2014, 08:46 PM

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

maybe your HID welded the relay closed so your lights are always on.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Pretty close with the HID guess jamie..i put back in both stock lights and everything is working now..funny cause i tried a stock bulb earlier and it stayed on too..Oh well, i aint gonna complain..A problem solved

Quick Reply: Headlights wont shut off