Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Head light running/park light question - HID's

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Head light running/park light question - HID's

Bought the truck with HID's and love them. One problem though, I have no option to have just my parking lights on. On the switch, there is off, parking lights and then running lights with parking lights. off is off but both the other ones, all lights turn on.

is there something that was installed wrong and i can fix? my truck is pretty high and when i am in a drive through, i would like to turn those bright lights off and not shine them into the persons car in front. also sometimes i would like just my parking lights on and not the HID's..

One more thing, these are just 1 level right? no high and low beam? I only have the one setting.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 63 Likes on 60 Posts

I was sitting there writing you about the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) but I've re-read and understand you have something different.

My HID kit has both Low's and High's... but it's magnetic from my understanding. It does sound like someone has wired off of your park lights or similar for some unusual reason. I also wonder which kit they put in (it may be a kit without high beams).

Something doesn't sound right! I have added options to disable my DRL's (which you shouldn't have - US). Off is off, Park is only Park, and headlights is headlights and parks. Then I also have high beams. Exactly what you're asking for!
Old 11-12-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think i need to take it to somewhere who specializes in lighting and custom things and see what they say about it. maybe the previous owner just wired it wrong?

Quick Reply: Head light running/park light question - HID's