Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

HDs are finally in

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:43 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Default HDs are finally in

Finally got my HDs in not real happy with the halos though really can't see them to well during daylight hours,but once it starts hitting dusk they look cool. haven't driven with them at night yet but turned them on in driveway last night and they seem to be very bright and high beams look awesome just took a couple of pics now, know how you guys get about pics hopefully this holds you a little until I get better pics later
Low Beams
Attachment 7171
High Beams
Attachment 7172

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 04-30-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:02 AM

here are same day time pics
Attachment 7208
Attachment 7209
this one is parking lights on like I said halos are barely visible when sun is out
Attachment 7210

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 04-30-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Squirrelyyy, Nice looking truck! which company did you get your HID kit from, and what brand are they? I want some, but would like for them to daylight visible.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dcyple
hey Squirrelyyy, Nice looking truck! which company did you get your HID kit from, and what brand are they? I want some, but would like for them to daylight visible.
They are IPCW projector Hds w/halos they are not hids.There illegal in jersey and don't want to deal with the tickets.Yea I wish you could see the halos better in daylight hours also. I thought maybe switching out the bulbs for the halos to make them brighter, but I talked to some people that have tried and one guy (my boss) that did do it he had to break into the bottom of the headlight some how ended up breaking the bulbs to get them out and then having to soldering the new ones back in and in the end he said it wasn't worth it, so I guess I'll have to deal with the dim halos oh and thanks for the compliment
Old 08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by squirrelyyy
There illegal in jersey and don't want to deal with the tickets.
Maybe someone should tell the other million or so people driving around in our state this.

Anyways I've got HID on order and as long as they are in the proper headlight casing they are legal.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

squirrelyyy, good looking truck, very kool headlights, where did you get those and how much?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its looks very nice
Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by XPerties
Maybe someone should tell the other million or so people driving around in our state this.

Anyways I've got HID on order and as long as they are in the proper headlight casing they are legal.
from how I understand it they are legal as long as the vehicle rolled out of the factory with them after market ones on a vehicle that didn't come stock with them are illegal allegedly if you go to inspection and they see them you fail

bfdtpktsquirrelyyy, good looking truck, very kool headlights, where did you get those and how much?
Thank You, I ordered them through my local performance shop they cost me close to $400 they do have them on ebay and they are cheaper by alot, but every one I spoke to said not to get from them so I went local 1) to give him business and 2) these came straight from the manufacture so I'm hoping the quality is better and this way if anything goes wrong I can go back to him
Old 08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
2020 Sport

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by squirrelyyy
from how I understand it they are legal as long as the vehicle rolled out of the factory with them after market ones on a vehicle that didn't come stock with them are illegal allegedly if you go to inspection and they see them you fail

Thank You, I ordered them through my local performance shop they cost me close to $400 they do have them on ebay and they are cheaper by alot, but every one I spoke to said not to get from them so I went local 1) to give him business and 2) these came straight from the manufacture so I'm hoping the quality is better and this way if anything goes wrong I can go back to him

That I had not heard of but then again last month inspection failed me for a air horn, pissed me off.

What part of jersey and what is the local store name?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy, ya gotta LOVE the GOVERNMENT getting involved in our lives more and more every day!..............

and we ain't seen "nuthin" yet!

ALL of us are about to be put in the BIG computer in WASHINGTON as soon as these IDIOTS pass this Health Care Bill.

Quick Reply: HDs are finally in