Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Having Fuel problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Exclamation Having Fuel problems

So I have a 08 f150 4.6
I've been dealing with sputtering for 4 months, every check I do something diffrent.
It left me stranded and wouldnt turn on,but after a hour managed to drive it and have it checked for codes,it threw one code out saying it was the fuel pressure sensor.
Go home nd started messing with the truck cuz my mom and aunts have been having problems with the gas,I guess its been dirty or something..
So First things I did was change my fuel filter 3x,clean my throttle body,change plugs,and I seafoamed the truck. All those times I disconnected the battery,and it still sputters and the check engine light wont pop up anymore.
Yesterday I checked the fuel module and it looked like this,..pretty good condition to me.

My question is,what do i do from here,I've had this problem for months,and its not just my truck,a lot of friends and family members had this too,they fixed there's but my truck is still down,what do i do from here? Any input would help
Old 12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Well...If you think it's bad gas you need to drain and clean your tank...at least drain it and add some water remover/fuel conditioner to a fresh tank. If it threw a code for your fuel pressure reg...I would replace it also...if that don't work you can always take it back and re-install the old one. Good luck and let us know...
Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 PM

What i hate is that im gonna waste alot of $$$ nd i dont know for sure what it is,could be the fuel pump,or the sensor. As for cleaning the gas tank,I've added some conditioners and additives and changed the filter couple times, and the gas seems pretty clean,now its a matter of guessing whats wrong
Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 434 Likes on 289 Posts

THose modules will make a fuel pressure excessive/fuel pressure too low code appear when they're failing.

You stated earlier when you posted those pics that there was fluid which came out of the connector. I'd change the module , clean and dry the connector, and see what happens from there.

Good physical condition doesn't mean good electronic condition. Corroding copper leaves a greenish residue, which is what the fluid sounded like when you posted the pics.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:23 PM

Sounds good bro,ill try to replace it also,I have another f150 at home aswell,I'm thinkin of swapping them just to see if any a diffrence,thanx for the input
Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 AM
'08f150stx

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Rockauto.com carries them.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And maybe stop going to that gas station. I'm not sure where you're from, but down here in central FL there have been a few issues with gas stations skipping their cleaning/maintenance schedules on their tanks to save money. And a few have been shut down and flattened out because they were putting water in the tanks to make more money.

Also, using a lot of ethanol can cause these problems too. I know its hard to find gas without it, but if you can, I'd recommend filling up with pure gas every once in a while to help clean the crap left behind by the E85.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:16 AM
'08f150stx

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by '08f150stx
Rockauto.com carries them.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=3099801

$57.99

Maybe you don't need it, but others might.

I agree, don't buy gas there and I hope you have saved your receipts for the filters, system cleaner, etc. and take them back to where you bought that gas and show them what you had to go through. If there is a tank problem you have proved it to them.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Well i swapped modules with my sisters truck for an hour and there was little difference,but the trucks throttle response was better. Today I sprayed cleaner on the sensor,hoping it'll clean it.
And about the gas,it was at a local heb,and Walmart,since then i put mid grade gas and at local stripes or shell gas stations.
Thanx for the input guys ill post up as soon as I test drive my truck with the cleaned module
Old 12-02-2011, 02:41 PM

Well i swapped modules with my sisters truck for an hour and there was little difference,but the trucks throttle response was better. Today I sprayed cleaner on the sensor,hoping it'll clean it.
And about the gas,it was at a local heb,and Walmart,since then i put mid grade gas and at local stripes or shell gas stations.
Thanx for the input guys ill post up as soon as I test drive my truck with the cleaned module

Quick Reply: Having Fuel problems