Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Has anyone seen an F150 with a built in PC before?

Old 06-06-2008, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone seen an F150 with a built in PC before?

I just came across this listing on eBay. It's a 2005 F-150 Lariat with a built in computer running Windows XP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...229755542&rd=1
Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

There are a few companies who produce various incarnations, one of which is the Liliput.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Carputers are getting to be the new hot add-on stereo item.Their are several on the market.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:20 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by djquik1
Carputers are getting to be the new hot add-on stereo item.Their are several on the market.
are you serious??? this post is 2 months old
Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
are you serious??? this post is 2 months old
Hmmm,I am new and reading previous posts and replying in them......if it is something that should not be allowed since it is 2 months old then a Mod should close and lock the thread and it should be submitted in the rules section............... back at ya
Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmmm,I am new and reading previous posts and replying in them......if it is something that should not be allowed since it is 2 months old then a Mod should close and lock the thread and it should be submitted in the rules section............... back at ya

LOL, its not that it itsnt allowed, its just, no one cared when the OP posted this thread as you can tell by the tons and tons of replys it got <---that was sarcasm, some times hard to read on the forum.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:31 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for his response djquik. You've just met one of the many "e-tough" guys on here.

Anyways I think it's pretty cool being able to browse the web while you're sitting somewhere idle. I've heard that such systems can be costly. When I got my in-dash tv someone mentioned a carputer to me but after some research I really have no use for it plus I heard that overheating is a big factor for them when they're just sitting in the truck when the truck is unattended.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
LOL, its not that it itsnt allowed, its just, no one cared when the OP posted this thread as you can tell by the tons and tons of replys it got <---that was sarcasm, some times hard to read on the forum.

That's cool man.I got rubbed the wrong way on here a few days ago when a mod of all people was being a jerk to a newbie asking a few questions that could have been easily handled by a Search.

But to give the person the benefit of the doubt,they may have never been on a forum before and didn't know better.By the reaction he received,he might not ever come back.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's cool man.I got rubbed the wrong way on here a few days ago when a mod of all people was being a jerk to a newbie asking a few questions that could have been easily handled by a Search.

But to give the person the benefit of the doubt,they may have never been on a forum before and didn't know better.By the reaction he received,he might not ever come back.

I'll bet you $1,000,000 that mod was NGM. Actually I'll put my fully built Trans Am AND my F150 on it.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Ford/Mazda Parts guy

Originally Posted by Triton v8
Sorry for his response djquik. You've just met one of the many "e-tough" guys on here.

Anyways I think it's pretty cool being able to browse the web while you're sitting somewhere idle. I've heard that such systems can be costly. When I got my in-dash tv someone mentioned a carputer to me but after some research I really have no use for it plus I heard that overheating is a big factor for them when they're just sitting in the truck when the truck is unattended.
It's no big deal.....I can play tough right back

Carputers can be expensive,but if you know how to put together a home PC it is not to bad.Most people upgrade their home pc and use the old one for their carputer project.I know alot of traveling buisness men that are using them as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone seen an F150 with a built in PC before?