Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Harley needs Help!!! bogging on acceleration and missing

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley needs Help!!! bogging on acceleration and missing

My Dilema for 2006 Ford F150 Harley Davidson 5.4 3V

A while ago my truck was slightly missing and I decided to put a Gryphon tuner on it to see if it would alleviate the issue. The issue didn't go away. It then started to have issues starting. It would barely crank over and the speedo and tach would quiver for about two second and then level off to normal. My radio comes in default mode at 12:00 on the clock and AM 590 station at each start. The transmission started to act weird so I took it to the dealer to have them look at it. The said that since I had the tuner on it that it fried the PCM even though it wasn't throwing error codes. They replaced the PCM thinking it would also solve the tranny issues. It didn't the next call I got was to rebuild the transmission, which I did. After 6 weeks at the dealer ship I got my truck back 5K later. The truck drove worse than when I brought it to them. They said at this point the CATs were flooded. I wasn't leaving it with them for another gradn and took it home. I replaced the infamous plugs, which 4 broke and I used the Lisle extractor to get them out. I replaced them with the one piece SP0515 plugs with seize grease on all of them with Excel Super coils. I went to jump the truck and it start and then threw a check charging system. Needless to say my Alternator was dead, so I replaced it with a Duralast Gold Alternator. No problems with that now. Battery was replaced 1 1/2 years ago with Duralast Gold battery, so it is good to go. I am tired off throwing parts at my truck even though some were needed.

My problem is that when I go FOT it boggs and misses, and I am put out on why. Below are the things I have modified on the truck and parts that I have replaced.

New Motorcraft SP-5154 Plugs
New Duralast Alternator
New Excel Super Coils
Electrical grease on all connectors.

Mods
S&B Cold Air Intake
Leveling Kit
Gryphon Tuner (Not installed since new PCM)

Please if anyone of you can offer some insight I would be very greatful. Love my truck but I am to wits end!!!!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your Fuel Pump Drive Module. It is most likely the issue. I have seen several others have the same issue and that was it. Also, clean your air filter, Mass Air sensor, and throttle body.

Quick Reply: Harley needs Help!!! bogging on acceleration and missing