Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Hard fueling

Old 11-28-2015, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard fueling

Good day all,
Another problem for you folks to ponder. I did a ton of work to my 07 F150. Now that it is back on the road I went to put some fuel in it. When I did it would only take .5-1litre before the nozzle would shut off. It kept doing this. I tried repositioning the fuel nozzle with no luck. I took compressed air to it last night and put it through the charcoal filter with the hose disconnected on either end, air passed through fine. I put air into the fuel vapor tube. Could hear it vent back out the tube when I stopped. Put air through the other components of the evap system and no blockage found but I didn't take of the solenoid itself. I then. Tried putting air into the fuel tank to evap tube and it pressurized the tank, so once again no obstruction. Lifted the bed of the truck and put air up the vent tube, seemed to exit the other end of the vent tube. Tried putting a piece of wire down the vent tube and into the tank but it would go right in the tank. Not sure if it bound up on a bend in the vent pipe or not. I didn't try putting a wire down the vent pipe port on the fuel pump taking the fill pipe off yet. There are no codes showing except for an abs code which is a different issue I know. Any ideas as to what it could be? Any sensors or solenoid that may not throw a code (doubtful) that could be faulty on the evap system? Could it be an anti siphon component on the fill pipe or is there some sort of safety flap on the fuel pump going to the vent tube that could be the issue? Also I did try putting gas in it after all this at a different gas station with no luck. Any help would be great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard fueling