Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Happy Days are here again...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Average Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Days are here again...

Well after all the maintenance issues I had with buying a used truck (that had TERRIBLE maintenance previously) she is finally driving like she was made to.

That vibration that had gotten steadily worse at 45-65 was in fact bad U-Joints. I replaced them today and absolutely no vibration anymore.

Now that I have a good base, time to start the mods!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 184 Likes on 146 Posts

Glad to hear she is running good! Keep up with the good maintenance and keep her alive
Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Average Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TFX4
Glad to hear she is running good! Keep up with the good maintenance and keep her alive
Thanks! I went through a period where I was about to drive it over a cliff. But a little patience and the right maintenance do wonders. Now I have a nice (stock) truck that all told I've spent a little over 11k for total.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Unless the previous owner or dealership that sold you the vehicle can produce documents proving prior maintenance, you can only assume the worse. Can't be angry about that, as you could have walked away and located another vehicle that can prove it's prior maintenance was performed.

Unfortunately, most of us (myself included) have bought a used vehicle without checking/validating/asking about prior maintenance, and found it cost us a few more dollars after the purchase then we expected. It is always highly recommended you ask for a CAR FACTS report to check if it was ever involved in an accident, as well as have the vehicle checked by a mechanic. The later is very important if buying from a private individual.

Hopefully we remember this the next time.

Quick Reply: Happy Days are here again...