Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Grill removal for bugflector

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Grill removal for bugflector

Hey all,
I got a deal on an AVS bugflector and I've been trying to install it. I can't seem to get 3 of the 6 bolts off to remove the grill. The nuts are rusted on the bolt and the bolt head is spinning in the grill. I've tried holding the bolt with vice grips, needle nose pliers, sprayed the nut and bolt with WD40, penetrating oil, and PB Blaster. Still no luck. The dealer said they have to be cut off and the bolts are only sold with the whole grill. Any chance cutting a small notch in the end of the bolt and holding that with a flat head screwdriver and trying to remove the nut would work? Any other ideas out there?
Thanks for any help you may have.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:49 PM

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

That should work if I remeber correctly. In my case when I turned the nut to loosen I snapped the bolt off in the hood, Had to find a way to reattach it to the hood before I put the grill back on. Was a major PITA
Old 04-01-2015, 12:52 PM

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nnuzzo141
That should work if I remeber correctly. In my case when I turned the nut to loosen I snapped the bolt off in the hood, Had to find a way to reattach it to the hood before I put the grill back on. Was a major PITA
Disregard that, got confused by which bolts you meant. Still, that should work to get them out, I don't remeber what I did. I think the vice grips managed to work for me
The following users liked this post:
dyurisich (04-01-2015)

Quick Reply: Grill removal for bugflector