Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 2004 - 2008 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Tailrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bullville, New York
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default Got my Smittybilt Predator installed....w/pics!

Installed the Smittybilt Predator today, took about 45 minutes by myself with frozen hands. It's hard to tell from the pics, but the driver's side is about 3/8's of an inch higher than the passenger side, so I plan on shimming it down with a steel plate. Cool thing about the Predator is that I get to keep my tow hooks! I love it, now I need some lights for it. I can only imagine if I never found the F150 sites how different my truck would look and sound, and how much more $$$ I'd have, LOL! The topper is on my truck for the winter months, in the spring I'll be putting my Access tonneau cover back on. Please let me know what you think Click the image to open in full size.
Here's my truck when I first bought her in May of 2010....
Click the image to open in full size.Click this bar to view the full image.Click the image to open in full size.


And how she looks today....
Click the image to open in full size.Click this bar to view the full image.Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click this bar to view the full image.Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click this bar to view the full image.Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.Click this bar to view the full image.

Last edited by Tailrace; 12-01-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Tailrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
~Chillin on a Dirt Road~
 
Tim1216's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 574
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

That's sweet! I like it. Maybe put two lights on it?? Don't have to worry about deer now lol
__________________
'04 Supercrew Lariat, jacked up-SOLD

07 6.0 F250 Lariat Outlaw, far from stock

Semper Fi
Tim1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
08screwCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 47 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailrace
Installed the Smittybilt Predator today, took about 45 minutes by myself with frozen hands. It's hard to tell from the pics, but the driver's side is about 3/8's of an inch higher than the passenger side, so I plan on shimming it down with a steel plate. Cool thing about the Predator is that I get to keep my tow hooks! I love it, now I need some lights for it. I can only imagine if I never found the F150 sites how different my truck would look and sound, and how much more $$$ I'd have, LOL! The topper is on my truck for the winter months, in the spring I'll be putting my Access tonneau cover back on. Please let me know what you think
Here's my truck when I first bought her in May of 2010....
Click this bar to view the full image.

And how she looks today....
Take a look at the hella black magics i think they would look good on that black smittybilt does that come in stainless?
08screwCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Tailrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bullville, New York
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08screwCA View Post
Take a look at the hella black magics i think they would look good on that black smittybilt does that come in stainless?
I will, thanks. I have no clue about lights, this'll give me a start.
The Predators were available in chrome also, but they've been discontinued for quite a few years, why I'm not sure. If someone ever decided to start making them again they would sell like crazy!
Tailrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Ford123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 10
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

I know they're discontinued but Is there anywhere you can still get them I want one really bad?
Ford123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Tailrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bullville, New York
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford123 View Post
I know they're discontinued but Is there anywhere you can still get them I want one really bad?
I found this one on Craigslist about a week ago and picked it up the other night. All I can tell you is keep searching!!!
Tailrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Ford123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa Ontario
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 10
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailrace
I found this one on Craigslist about a week ago and picked it up the other night. All I can tell you is keep searching!!!
I'll keep looking around I would love to have one and keeping my tow hooks is a necessity so this would be perfect.
Ford123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Tailrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bullville, New York
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford123 View Post
I'll keep looking around I would love to have one and keeping my tow hooks is a necessity so this would be perfect.
Just a tip, if you've never tried it use SearchTempest to search all of Craigslist, it's a handy tool! You can cover however big of an area that you want, good luck!
Tailrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #9
Ford4life
 
ToughFX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 788
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 27
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

what kind of grill is that? and what size tires you running?
__________________
Ford4Life
ToughFX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Tailrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bullville, New York
Posts: 455
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughFX4 View Post
what kind of grill is that? and what size tires you running?
That's an FX2 grille that I found on Ebay. I scuffed it up, sprayed it with adhesion promoter and then hit it with 5 nice light even coats of Krylon Fusion spray paint. I love the look of the FX2 grilles!
The tires are 275/60/20
Tailrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:17 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.