Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Goodbye Dynomax Hello Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Default Goodbye Dynomax Hello Corsa

I was taking my booty call out for a quick bite this evening and when I came back to my truck I noticed that my passenger-side exhaust pipe was hanging off the ground. It is a dual exhaust set up, and now the pipe coming out of the Dynomax muffler on the passenger side rusted out and was hanging by guy wire to the exhaust hanger. In front of a bunch of people walking by I had to unravel the guy wire from the exhaust hanger and wrench the rotten pipe out and throw it into the bed. Not the most pleasant experience. The sound is noticeably louder, probably the loudest I would ever want it to be. But it's time to make a switch.

I purchased my truck with a $1,000 "upgrade budget" which I was planning on purchasing Plastidip and a Dee Zee headache rack. Unfortunately this misadventure occured and now I have to spend that money on an exhaust. That means no Dee Zee headache rack, which is something that I could really use. I've seen different exhausts from MBRP, Banks, Flowmaster, etc. but I would never put something on my truck that is garbage. That means exhausts must be 100% T-304 stainless. That leaves me with B&B, Borla or Corsa, and I like the Corsa tips more than B&B or Borla. Guess I'm going to have to do some shopping around.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:28 AM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I have Corsa Sport on my car and it's nasty at WOT, but still looking to pair it with Kooks Headers.

You won't be disappointed. I went with Flowmaster on the truck and I like it some days and think it's just flat too loud/resonating on others. Corsa is a cleaner tone; don't have a sound clip, but YouTube has plenty.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:49 AM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Well, I think I'm actually going with Roush. They're one of the few that still have T-304 stainless construction at a decent price. I really need a headache rack and the Corsa comes to a $1,000 which eats my entire budget. I think the Borla, B&B and Corsa are the best quality/design/construction. Roush will have to do for now.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not just get someone to patch up what you have now, just to get by for a few more months till you can save up for a new exhaust. If you "need" the rack you need the rack. And I am sure a small mom n pop shop would weld up a patch for just a few bucks.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Do yall know if a hitch will cause any complications for the roush dual exhaust? My current setup barely clears it.In fact i actually had to modify it when i put the hitch on.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 AM
SW Rep

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Don't forget Stainless Works!

we make everything in the USA from 304L Stainless and it comes with a lifetime warranty. For the 04-08 we offer a dual exhaust that will attach to your factory manifolds or, if you really want to wake the truck up, we have a header and exhaust package as well.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

OP, do your homework. Corsa is not the only 304 stainless out there. $1000 for an exhaust makes me laugh at you. I put a MBRP XP (apparently it's garbage according to you), on my truck and couldn't be happier with the sound/quality/and ease of istall. All stainless, including the band clamps, with a lifetime warranty delivered to my door for $389.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
SW Rep

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by powerranger262
OP, do your homework. Corsa is not the only 304 stainless out there. $1000 for an exhaust makes me laugh at you. I put a MBRP XP (apparently it's garbage according to you), on my truck and couldn't be happier with the sound/quality/and ease of istall. All stainless, including the band clamps, with a lifetime warranty delivered to my door for $389.
You got an awesome deal on that setup! The XP series is a 409 Stainless which is way better than mild steel but does not have the same zero-rust properties of 304 that the OP was after. 409 is what most auto manufacturers are now using on their factory exhausts, gets a thin layer of rust on it, and can eventually rot out (though it takes a long time). MBRP's Pro Series is 304 and you can see it reflected in the price.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by powerranger262
Yes that is a good deal. And I agree with "Stainless" MBRP offers the 304 stainless but the MBRP XP series is 409 and is priced respectively.

Is your setup SI/DO? If so could you provide me with the seller or a link on where to buy one for that price? I too am looking for a good stainless (409 or 304) cat back exhaust with dual out for under $400 but can only find SI/SO for under $400.

Last edited by Fleck; 05-02-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Link to seller
Old 05-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

SI/SO. I bought from tunedcustoms on Ebay. Cheapest I could find was $464 for the duals for the XP also.

Quick Reply: Goodbye Dynomax Hello Corsa