Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Good news for me about spark plug change!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good news for me about spark plug change!!

I am new to this forum but have researched through about everything for my truck. One thing that has really helped me was all the threads about spark plug change on the 04-08 trucks. having been back and forth about doing it myself I finally bit the bullet and gave it to the dealer to change. With 107000 miles on my truck, NOT ONE PLUG BROKE!!! How awesome is that. I did alot of calling, from dealerships to independent mechanics and all told me that this one dealership near me was the best at taking them out. I called the dealer and they said they have never messed up a head nor hydrolocked a motor. I still felt a little uneasy as all my plugs may break with the higher mileage. I am happy to say that not one breaks and the dealership has really never had more than 4 break. I know it really sounds like luck but you know these guys here are really good so whoever still needs them change, know that there are still good technicians at the dealer. $412 for the change. Not bad considering.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:54 AM

Sorry, I have and 04 F150 XLT with the 5.4. Only customization to the stereo system and custom leather seats.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:32 PM

thats awsome man. i also took mine to get changed when i bought the truck. luckily i live in southern texas and the dealer only charged my $180!! and not one broke. Makes me wonder if they actually changed them.

Quick Reply: Good news for me about spark plug change!!