Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Getting a Fabtech 6" lift, what else?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a Fabtech 6" lift, what else?

Okay a couple things.

First, what size tires do you suggest with a 6 inch lift? What about what size rims? I have an XLT White supercrew cab. What rims would look good with it? Any companies in mind?
Now i want a really agressive tire to go along with these rims, and almost as big as you can get while stll being practical for everyday use, but also open a can of whooooop---azzzz when I hit the trails.

Second, I've seen peoples signatures around here saying like 6 inch fabtech with 5" blocks. What does that mean? does it make the car higher? How much does it cost and what does it do for me?

Is fabtech the most bang for your buck for a 6 inch lift? What are your opinions?

Thanks
Cameron
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 PM

Also, around how much is a decent price for the fabtech 6" 2wd lift with front and rear shocks? And how much am i looking at for installation?
Old 03-19-2008, 07:53 PM

bump
Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

23 minutes?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:02 PM

bump again
Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

might want to pm wxmcpo. he has close to the setup you're looking at.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:47 PM

I have a Fabtech 6in lift with there dirt logic coil overs and dirt logic 2.25s in the rear. I did not put the blocks on my rear springs but instead got a new set of +6in leaf springs. I love my setup and would not trade it for anything
Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

You can run 35" tires with that setup. For tires if you want REALLY aggresive check out Nitto Mud Grapplers, they won't last the longest but are definetely aggresive. Another couple tires that I like are Mickey Thompson MTZ's and the Kumho KL71s, both are good tires and will last longer than the Nittos.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:26 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Camy1448
Okay a couple things.

First, what size tires do you suggest with a 6 inch lift? What about what size rims? I have an XLT White supercrew cab. What rims would look good with it? Any companies in mind?
Now i want a really agressive tire to go along with these rims, and almost as big as you can get while stll being practical for everyday use, but also open a can of whooooop---azzzz when I hit the trails.

Second, I've seen peoples signatures around here saying like 6 inch fabtech with 5" blocks. What does that mean? does it make the car higher? How much does it cost and what does it do for me?

Is fabtech the most bang for your buck for a 6 inch lift? What are your opinions?

Thanks
Cameron
I have the 6" basic crossmember Fabtech lift on my 2WD, pretty reasonable price here;

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products...roductID=71900

My suggestion is go with an 18x9 with a backspacing somewhere close to the stock backspacing of 5.5". I personally liike 18's much better than 20's because I like a tire with more sidewall and also for a white truck I'd go with a chrome wheel. There are several styles that look great on our trucks. Here's a site where you can actually design a truck to look like your's and try on different wheels to get a feel for what you like.

http://www.autowaretech11.net/nextwheels/wheelpros.htm

As for tires I have the Pro Comp Xtreme AT's and think they look great! Very aggressive looking tire yet very quiet on the roads. Wasn't my first choice untill I saw them on the shop owners truck who did my lift and I was sold on them. I've had them on for over 13k miles and they show very little to no wear at all. I also like the looks of the Nitto mud grapplers alot, but not sure about the noise level or the life of them, may both be turn offs.

The 5" block refers to the block for the rear end. The 2WD lifts come with 2" or 2.5" blocks which will have you sitting nose high. I had them put a Fabtech 5" block in mine instead of the original block and I sit slightly higher in the rear now, but it's not at all noticable to the eye, but it measures about 1" higher in the rear.

Since you have a 2WD like me, I think Fabtech is the best bang for the buck lift out there. If we had 4WDs I would certainly have gone with and recommended the Rize 8" lift.

Anymore questions just post'em or send me a PM. I don't get on til late in the evening (Hawaii time) so don't expect a rapid response.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM

I love the nitto mud grapplers. I do a little froadin...nothing too serious mostly trails when I go hunting, but I haven't gotten stuck yet. They are loud on the highway but I love that sound. Idk what bump means but you're lucky anyone replied after asking if the 5" blocks make the *car* higher lol.

Quick Reply: Getting a Fabtech 6" lift, what else?