Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Gauge Cluster:

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Cluster:

Okay I just want to double check some things before I bite the bullet and buy a new gauge cluster for my 08 FX4. My digital compass goes banana's in my current cluster and 90% displays CAL even after I've calibrated it.

#1 If I buy a Larait/King Ranch/Harley Davidson Cluster It will work properly after I have the dealership flash/program it. If I don't get it flash/programmed the dome lights/A/C Compressor, and of coarse the mileage will be wrong.

#2 Will a Ford dealership flash/program a used cluster vs an OEM new one?

#3 It looks like the "Larait" or "King Ranch" logo can be swapped out with the "FX4" logo from my cluster. Has anyone been able to do that?

Just double checking before I buy the cluster I found. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Certified Ford Technician

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would talk to the dealer first they can but whether they will is a different story, I would do it for you if you lived in MT
Old 01-07-2012, 01:00 AM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

You sure its the cluster and not the piece that sits under the rearview mirror? This piece is what determines what direction your going, and the clsuter just displays it. If you have a buddy with a F150 try switching this piece out first..... If it happens to be the problem let me know and I got an extra one I'll give ya if you pay the shipping. (bought a used autodim on ebay and it came with one)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must have asked 10 Dealerships about the silly compass!! I thought the dash just displayed it as well, but everyone I talked to said no it's all in the cluster. I have a rearview mirror with the OEM backup camera LCD, but if there is a part to swap out I will certainly try it.

I was thinking of changing my cluster out anyways honestly because I really like the Larait/King Ranch layout, and the replacement I found is only 100.00 out of an 07 King Ranch. If I do get it programmed at a Ford Dealership everything will work like the original cluster (A/C Compressor & Dome Lights, and seatbelt chime)? I searched on here and found people trying Lariat clusters, and they all reported A/C issues and dome light problems, but I'm guessing that's because they didn't have them flashed/programmed? Any info would be great because if it will work I'll probably buy it before I go out of town.

Last edited by best4x4; 01-07-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Gauge Cluster: