Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question gas mileage

I have an 04 F150 obviously in the winter you loose gas mileage. I bought a throttle body spacer and have noticed no difference at all. What are the mods that really work. I want better gas mileage and some more power what do i do
Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 PM
SRH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gill88t
I have an 04 F150 obviously in the winter you loose gas mileage. I bought a throttle body spacer and have noticed no difference at all. What are the mods that really work. I want better gas mileage and some more power what do i do
wont be cheap, you could try. . .

Tuner:
Gryphon
edge Evo

Cai(best if used with a custom tune)
regearing (if you have your truck lifted running bigger tires)

exhaust system
Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by SRH
wont be cheap, you could try. . .

Tuner:
Gryphon
edge Evo

Cai(best if used with a custom tune)
regearing (if you have your truck lifted running bigger tires)

exhaust system
Will an exhaust system really provide for better gas mileage?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:53 PM
SRH

Originally Posted by LTDB
Will an exhaust system really provide for better gas mileage?
I dont really know, but it can give it more power
Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 PM

Cant do much about the gas mileage. The biggest factor is how you drive. Keep those RPMs low. A programmer and exhaust will help abit. But try to keep your foot out of it when you start to put a couple mods on it or it will just get worse. ha
Old 01-20-2011, 11:01 PM

It would take quite awhile to recoop the money you spend on the parts to improve gas mileage with the savings. My $.02
Old 01-20-2011, 11:46 PM

Default tires

Originally Posted by gill88t

I recently replaced the pirelli scorpion tires that came with my truck, I went with 33" procomp extreme all terrains and surprisingly I get much better gas milage....So I would recommend you check your tire reviews online and see if you could find something with a better fuel rating. I probably get 4-5 mpg's more. I also have the k&n intake and flomaster exhaust and saw no improvement on mpg's. I also purchased the superchip for tire sizing and a friend of mine has is performance tune set for economy for better mpg's but he has to put in supreme. He has a chevy and I dont know if its the same as a ford but if you have to buy premium gas then what's the point?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you find a reasonably priced solution that results in a real noticeable improvement, you should market it. You'll get rich fast.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by geezy78
I recently replaced the pirelli scorpion tires that came with my truck, I went with 33" procomp extreme all terrains and surprisingly I get much better gas milage....So I would recommend you check your tire reviews online and see if you could find something with a better fuel rating. I probably get 4-5 mpg's more. I also have the k&n intake and flomaster exhaust and saw no improvement on mpg's. I also purchased the superchip for tire sizing and a friend of mine has is performance tune set for economy for better mpg's but he has to put in supreme. He has a chevy and I dont know if its the same as a ford but if you have to buy premium gas then what's the point?
I call bull **** on the 4-5 mpg gallons better. There's nothing you can buy that's worth it to save gas. My truck gets 13mpg but when my mom drove it for a week it got 15 mpg because she doesnt accelerate fast.
The following users liked this post:
bkaz05 (01-20-2013)
Old 01-21-2011, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen, bro.

Quick Reply: gas mileage