Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fx4 help (won`t start) :(

Old 06-22-2011, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fx4 help (won`t start) :(

OK where do I start.
I bought a 2004 f150 fx4 about 6 weeks ago. Bought some Dick Cepek rims, custom blue neon, alteza tail lights and projection headlights.
Truck is beautiful, and i love it, except I am running into a few little hick-ups.
Let me say the truck ran great, 280000km, one owner and he always fixed things that where wrong as soon as they happened.
Now, First thing, 2 weeks after having the truck, blew reverse in the tranny. Had the garage build a new tranny with new torque converter.
Truck as good after that for two days.
Next I tried with the manual to remove his code from the door. I had trouble getting it out so I stopped and thought I would get a friend to help me who had one like it. Went to start the truck....No go! all the lights lit up but, starter didn`t engage at all, no click...nothing. I waited a few minutes and tried the truck again. And what do you know she started.
Truck ran great no problems.. two weeks
Took it to my friend to help reset the door code, and well he reset it ok, then when I went to start it again....Nothing. He hit lock then unlock on the key pad and what do you know the truck started....
I asked why that happened he said... No idea...

(two days later) I took it to work, came out to start it and guess what no go again.... Now I am getting a little upset. I tried the unlock and lock trick.... Nothing,
Called the tow truck to come get it. When he arrived, I thought I would take off the battery first before he hooked up to it...No one wants to see their truck on a tow truck. So I did that and walla she started.
Brought her home. Left her over night, started her in the morning no problems, got to tim hortons.. two blocks from my house... no go.
I disconnected the battery again, didn`t work lock - unlock trick...didn`t work. tried this series over again unhook the battery wait ten min, hook up, hit lock and unlock on the key pad and then turn the truck over.. 3rd time i did this series of events truck started. All while being asked a hundred times.... do you need any help mam.....
So I drove it to work...
Then as you can guess came out of work went to start and again No Go...
I was in the parking lot at work for 1 hr trying this over and over...
At this time I am getting very upset, feeling like I wanna burn it or cry...not sure. I was sitting in the truck and was turning the key on and off over and over, then finally she started. I drove it home parked it in my driveway and then shut it off.... tried to start it... лya no go AGAIN...
I diconnected the battery again...nothing. лллллллл
лллллллллso I put it on my OBD2 computer and checked for codes.... No light mind you. And well i got a p1000, open loop (because I disconnected the battery) lol and a P1464 code...ac demand out self test range... (ya the air conditioning was on)
tried the truck again a few times, just with turning the key off and on over and over, sprayed some cleaner in the ignition, then finally she started. shut it off and no it wont start again. I am so frustrated !!!
So needless to say I am sitting here trying to find the problem, when I don`t know where to start.

I need help before i loose my mind......
Old 06-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Old 08-05-2011, 08:48 PM

Okay just a wild guess.... Had the exact same intermittent starting issues with my wifes 04 Envoy, replaced the ignition switch and starter relay.... So far so good....

I hope...... Lol
Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This happened to my 99 F250. For me It was a dead spot in the starter solenoid, I would have to start the truck with a screwdriver sometimes to bypass the solenoid, $40 for a new solenoid and all was good
Old 08-05-2011, 10:36 PM

Your starter motor would have been removed when the transmission was removed. After being disturbed it may be your problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fx4 help (won`t start) :(