Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

FX4 with 6" Lift...How can I get more height out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default FX4 with 6" Lift...How can I get more height out of it?

Hello all, I currently have a 6" Stage 1 Pro Comp Lift Kit with the 2.5 inch rear Ad-A-Leaf's. I am exploring options on how to get some more height out of it without compromising the durability of it. I know I can upgrade to the Stage 2 Pro Comp with the MX series shocks and then include the larger rear blocks also from Pro Comp. This should give me 1-2 more inches and cost me about $1,500 after labor.

Does anybody else have any good idea's? Would a body lift work for the setup I have to get 3 or so more inches. I would never do just a Body Lift but with the suspension lift they seem to look very nice.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:24 PM
RejectedReject

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

A body lift is definitely doable. You are going to get mixed opinions about if you should or should not but in the end it's your rig, do what ya want.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:46 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah you can either do a 3in. body lift like me, only difference is i have a fabtech lift. you could also go a cheaper route and buy a 2 or 2.5in. leveling kit and a taller block for the rear. either will look good, here's my truck with the suspension and body lift.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:53 PM

[QUOTE=dilloncawthon;242723]yeah you can either do a 3in. body lift like me, only difference is i have a fabtech lift. you could also go a cheaper route and buy a 2 or 2.5in. leveling kit and a taller block for the rear. either will look good, here's my truck with the suspension and body lift.

Looks GREAT, I called up 4 Wheel Parts who did all my work (This is a very good store, not one of the crap ones) and they said it can be done but I have to sign a waiver that voids the suspension lift warranty and it is VERY high on the labor cost because the interior has to be taken out to be able to do it. Should have gone with the Fabtech!
Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

get bilstein shocks for the front set them and 2" and use the spacers, you will yield 8" of lift in the front, alot of guys have done this. cheapest and best solution to what you wanna do. your angles will be just like a stock truck with 2" leveling kit on it, screw a body lift for 2", shocks are the only way to go.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
get bilstein shocks for the front set them and 2" and use the spacers, you will yield 8" of lift in the front, alot of guys have done this. cheapest and best solution to what you wanna do
What series is that the 5100? Also, what would I do with back. I have the Rear AAL's and it is a very nice level. I know Pro Comp makes additional 4" Blocks but I am not sure what the ones are that they use in the basic stage 1 kit.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[quote=adamrcannon;242730]
Originally Posted by dilloncawthon
yeah you can either do a 3in. body lift like me, only difference is i have a fabtech lift. you could also go a cheaper route and buy a 2 or 2.5in. leveling kit and a taller block for the rear. either will look good, here's my truck with the suspension and body lift.

Looks GREAT, I called up 4 Wheel Parts who did all my work (This is a very good store, not one of the crap ones) and they said it can be done but I have to sign a waiver that voids the suspension lift warranty and it is VERY high on the labor cost because the interior has to be taken out to be able to do it. Should have gone with the Fabtech!
yeah the cost is pretty high up there for a body lift on these newer trucks but i don't see how it would void the suspension lifts warranty, even if it did it doesn't bother me that much im pretty sure my warranty is up. i've had the fabtech on the truck from day one, got it from the dealer with it.

however you could still do the leveling kit and bigger block in the rear for about 200-300 if you install yourself, that'll put you up two more inches.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by adamrcannon
What series is that the 5100? Also, what would I do with back. I have the Rear AAL's and it is a very nice level. I know Pro Comp makes additional 4" Blocks but I am not sure what the ones are that they use in the basic stage 1 kit.

you want these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Bilstein-Leveling-Struts-04-08-Ford-F150-4x4-0-or-2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhash Zitem4cea8bfd03QQitemZ330352557315QQptZMotorsQ5fCa rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

what do you have in the rear now? i assume you have just add a leaves in the back now with the stock block? if so, just measure the stock block, add 2 inches or 3 if you want a rake and just swap out for taller blocks and leave the add-a-leaf in
Old 08-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
what do you have in the rear now? i assume you have just add a leaves in the back now with the stock block? if so, just measure the stock block, add 2 inches or 3 if you want a rake and just swap out for taller blocks and leave the add-a-leaf in
I have the AAL's installed. I know the stock rear block on FX4's is 1 5/8 inch. I believe that blocks that were included with the Pro Comp Stage 1 kit are 3" and they have the optional 4 Inch block you can buy. That being said I would be an inch low in the back right?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:13 PM

right i would do 4" blocks and have a little rake, unless you want a little cali lean, then do 3" blocks

Quick Reply: FX4 with 6" Lift...How can I get more height out of it?