Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

fx2 package

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fx2 package

Hey everyone. Now in my opinion, the fx2 package is about the stupidest thing ford has done. But I was just wondering what was different from an fx2 and the lariat edition. Is the fx2 like a 2wd off road package?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nah i think its the opposite. more of a street package.
heres an article i found on google.

F-Series customers know exactly what they want, and they aren’t shy about letting Ford know.
The 2007 Ford F-150 FX2 is an example of how connected Ford is to its customer base because it is being offered as a result of customer demand for the popular FX package on a two-wheel-drive truck. It also continues Ford’s tradition of offering more models, more cab options and more box configurations than any other truck line in North America.
Ford introduced the current F-150 FX4 in the 2004 model year as a specialized truck for the off-road enthusiast seeking rugged 4x4 features, such as shift on the fly and skid plates, and unique styling cues. The new F-150 FX2 carries on the tradition of targeting key customer groups, offering a sport truck aimed at customers looking for a more stylish appearance without the need for 4WD.
“The FX2 is a very different approach for F-150,” says Raj Sarkar, assistant marketing manager for F-150. “It looks aggressive both because of its design and its stance. Younger customers are more image conscious, and this truck makes a style statement.”
The FX2 features a dark billet grille, clear headlamps with platinum bezels and a sporty, deep front valance. The monochromatic paint scheme adds body color to exterior components such as the bumper fascias, side mirror caps and door handles. Unique 18-inch wheels and a chrome exhaust tip complete the exterior package.
The interior features black captain’s chairs with red stitching, in cloth or leather, and a flow-through center console with a floor shifter.
Best of all, the FX2 delivers the style that today’s truck buyer is looking for without compromising on the F-150’s rugged and dependable qualities.
The Ford F-150 FX2 is a sample of the bold, new offerings coming this fall.
“We keep a close watch on the market and look for trends,” says Sarkar. “We work hard to predict the needs of the consumer and be responsive to those needs.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Go Noles >>---;--->

It looks to me likes its a lower front valence, PTM step bars, mirrors, and door handles, different wheels, different headlights, grill, chrome exhaust tip. My friend had one with a 4.6 in it, im not sure if the 5.4 is an option.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:22 AM

5.4 is an option....got it in mine.

There are also a few interior changes available as well.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:19 AM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Here's the brochure from 2007 explains the packages and available options http://www.meadowlandford.com/2007%20F150_brochure.pdf
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 PM

Recently purchased my 2007 FX2 Supercrew. I don't need 4 wheel drive, so that wasn't a concern. I prefer the uniform color of the FX2. Having the matching grille color and the lower valance makes it a nice looking truck IMO. I also fell in love with the black leather/red stitched seats.

Quick Reply: fx2 package