Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fusebox clicking when i push the heated mirror button

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 06:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fusebox clicking when i push the heated mirror button

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this for me - Both my mirrors stopped heating at the same time. When i push the heated mirror button, i hear a click sound in the fuse box. I pulled the fuse for it, and the fuse appears to be good. i even tried swapping fuses (of the same rating) and i get the same result. Anyone have any thoughts to what might cause this?

I had a similar thing happen for the horn a little while ago- when i tried to honk all i would get is a clicking sound - my mechanic (who i trust) said my horn went and replaced it.

I have a set of brand new tow mirrors sitting around and i'm planning on putting those on soon anyways - but if the problem isn't the mirrors i want to fix it before i put the new mirrors on simply so i don't complicate things.

tldr: I hear a clicking in the fusebox when i try to turn my heated mirrors on and off, and the fuse is good. What might be the cause of this?
Old 12-07-2015, 08:27 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

relay maybe? i want some tow mirrors lol
Old 12-07-2015, 08:42 PM

know where the relay for that would be by any chance? theyre sweet! got em on amazon for pretty cheap too.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:53 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Either the relay has gone bad, or a wire is loose/corroded/disconnected. I'd go with relay first because they are cheap if you buy generic. It's relay #114 for the heaters. My owners manual shows it in the far right-hand row, just below center, but the diagram for your truck is on the inside of the fuse box lid if I remember right.

It also controls something called a "heated backlight". I don't know what that is or you could test it and see if it's stopped working.
The following users liked this post:
dillons (12-07-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mechanik
Either the relay has gone bad, or a wire is loose/corroded/disconnected. I'd go with relay first because they are cheap if you buy generic. It's relay #114 for the heaters. My owners manual shows it in the far right-hand row, just below center, but the diagram for your truck is on the inside of the fuse box lid if I remember right.

It also controls something called a "heated backlight". I don't know what that is or you could test it and see if it's stopped working.
Thank you! i will replace the #114 tomorrow and see what happens. hopefully its that, i'm not too keen on tinkering with the wires.

Quick Reply: Fusebox clicking when i push the heated mirror button