Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fuse #42 on 2006 F150 XLT keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse #42 on 2006 F150 XLT keeps blowing

Hi everyone -

Brand new here. Just bought a popup camper and have been on a few adventures w/ the wiring of it so far. I've solved most of the issues - however I'm left with an issue where fuse #42 which operates the left turn signal and brake light of the trailer keeps blowing out shortly after the installation of a new one. When I first wired up this trailer I recognized that the left turn signal wasn't working and found fuse #42 to be blown. I've since replaced it 3 times during about 1 hour of the truck running during testing.

Any help would be appreciated on where I should now look to diagnose this issue. I've semi mechanically inclined and am comfortable around tight spaces of the truck - but I'm just not sure where to look for a short at this point.

Couple other details - it's a 2006 SuperCrew XLT 4.6l. I've installed a 4 pole (factory) to 7 pole adapter - the trailer hooks up via 7 pole.

Is it possible for a faulty ground installation either on the trailer side or my truck's side to be the cause of a fuse blowing? All the other lights seem to work without issue - it's just the left/fuse #42 giving me the problems.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked all the wires to see if their might be rodent damage? i kept blowing a fuse on mine come to find out a couple wires had been chewed through and the copper was exposed, the wires were touching, causing the blown fuse

Quick Reply: Fuse #42 on 2006 F150 XLT keeps blowing