Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fuel Filter Change... FAIL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:28 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Fuel Filter Change... FAIL!!!

Well guys today I went to change my fuel filter and did not do so good. The little blue clip that holds the line to the filter on the gas tank side broke. So now I can't get the line back on the filter. Once it broke I just stopped and left everything there. Also, and side towards the engine, I couldn't get that side taken off the filter. So I think I will just let the dealer take it from here.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:03 AM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by F-150 freaak
Well guys today I went to change my fuel filter and did not do so good. The little blue clip that holds the line to the filter on the gas tank side broke. So now I can't get the line back on the filter. Once it broke I just stopped and left everything there. Also, and side towards the engine, I couldn't get that side taken off the filter. So I think I will just let the dealer take it from here.
Wash the area thoroughly before taking it apart, helps get the crud and gunk off that makes it all stuck together. The clips should have always been part of the filter package, but Ford makes you purchase those separately.

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter Change... FAIL!!!