Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Front Passenger Leak / fuse box issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Passenger Leak / fuse box issues

2006 F150 lxt
Trying to figure out if the leak on the front passage floor is from A/C unit, 3rd break light seal or the windshield ...
I pulled the carpet and there is standing water on the door jam underneath the trim piece underneath where the cables run from the back of the truck to the fuse block ..
We've head some serious heavy rains here in Seattle the last couple weeks and I could hear the water sloshing inside while I was backing out ...
The excess water has sent a serious short to the fuse box. The starter solenoid relay is buzzing and clicking even with the truck off ..
I can swap relays and get the truck to start, but it will eventually die ..
I pulled the 3rd brake light, but couldn't see any moisture in there ..
the plastic washers on the screws where almost gone however ..
I just can't see how the water could run up to the fuse box if the leak was coming from the 3rd break light ..
also couldn't feel any moisture underneath the glove box where the A/C drain tube area is supposedly at

Anyone here had similar issues??

Thanks

Andy
Old 11-04-2015, 07:41 PM

Received 263 Likes on 213 Posts

Luckily I have not had this issue but there are a lot of threads on leaks like this, I think a lot of them were the sunroof drain hose or channel needed cleaning. You can remove the plastic cover on the area between the door window and the windshield to see if there is moisture there that is draining down. Have you checked you heater core for leaks by the way, if it is leaking, you will usually find moisture on the passenger floor area. And there are a number of rubber plugs that are in the body of the truck, are they all there? Good luck and let us know what you find.

Quick Reply: Front Passenger Leak / fuse box issues