Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Front Bumper..help :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper..help :(

so today it was raining,
and i was driving to school, (in my 2006 F150) being pretty calm, and when i go to pull into the ONE WAY student parking lot behind someone else, some guy was going the wrong way...this made the guy infornt of me stomp on his breaks, and i ended up hitting him...

long story short..no damage that i saw on his car(was worried bout his little car more than my truck cuz...well im driving a truck why would it get hurt??). and i just looked at my bumper...BIG DENT! doesnt looked creased though..just a good 12 inch wide dent.

so, i talked to some guys at a car shop near where i work, and they showed me how to pop the dent out... cuz a new one form ford is bout $470...

So my co-worker said hit up the junk yard(which im going to try and do on sunday) but now im thinking of just getting an aftermarket bumper instead...
i found one that is paint ready and just going to get a color match. job done...

which leads me to my question:
Anyon know what years fit my 06? i do not have fog lights.
Or how bout anyone know an aftermarket one..i cant seem to find the oen i found before...

any one have bright ideas of what i should do??? this makes me sad..my poor truck.

thanks..
Old 02-22-2008, 09:52 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Motoxd3
so today it was raining,
and i was driving to school, (in my 2006 F150) being pretty calm, and when i go to pull into the ONE WAY student parking lot behind someone else, some guy was going the wrong way...this made the guy infornt of me stomp on his breaks, and i ended up hitting him...

long story short..no damage that i saw on his car(was worried bout his little car more than my truck cuz...well im driving a truck why would it get hurt??). and i just looked at my bumper...BIG DENT! doesnt looked creased though..just a good 12 inch wide dent.

so, i talked to some guys at a car shop near where i work, and they showed me how to pop the dent out... cuz a new one form ford is bout $470...

So my co-worker said hit up the junk yard(which im going to try and do on sunday) but now im thinking of just getting an aftermarket bumper instead...
i found one that is paint ready and just going to get a color match. job done...

which leads me to my question:
Anyon know what years fit my 06? i do not have fog lights.
Or how bout anyone know an aftermarket one..i cant seem to find the oen i found before...

any one have bright ideas of what i should do??? this makes me sad..my poor truck.

thanks..
Try running a search on eBay, you might be surprised how many truck parts are being sold there. For my year, 1996, I can get almost any bodypart I need, primed and ready to paint, shipped to my door.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks dew,
didnt think of that at all!!
found one for bout 200 delivered!!! yay..
just told my dad and showed him, he flipped a bit but he is more worried that there is actually damage done to the guys car... oh well.. still looking for an aftermarket one
Old 02-23-2008, 12:41 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

You should be able to get that dent poped out, I got it done to my rear bumper and it was pretty bad.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just try to look at ebay. There are truck parts for your F150 there for sure.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper..help :(