Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ford is replacing my 2005 fx4 engine, read if your having problems with yours!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford is replacing my 2005 fx4 engine, read if your having problems with yours!!!

Hey all Im sure there is a thread about this fuel injector issue but I dont have the time, or the patience to look through all of the threads.

A week ago I started my truck and noticed it was running rough as ****, I made it to an auto zone after driving on pins and needles the whole way and they tested it and found there were misfires in my engine.

After having it towed to the dealer I bought it from, and finding that there is a customer satisfaction warranty extension on the fuel injectors, (which basically means they wont notify you, and dont want to bear the expense of swapping out all potential problems, and its up to you to find out about it on your own) which I did, thanks to this site.

They determined it was in fact a fuel injector issue, it stuck itself open and caused a rod to bend. Thank god they are replacing my engine with a new one at NO COST TO ME!!!!!!!

I wanted to make everyone on here aware that if this happens to you, to demand that they repair EVERYTHING, that is damaged by the fuel injector issue, I didnt even have to argue thanks to the service manager at the dealership. I was so taken back by his willingness to fight FOR me.

If you have dealt with this in the past and they did not take care of you, insist that they do. It is embarrassing that they would not notify all owners of F150's that may have this issue, in case they do run into problems.

Take care
Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice! How many miles do you have on your truck?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:34 PM

I just hit 110,000, the repair extends to only 120k, so I just barely was covered!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

yea i made a thread about that a while ago. How long did it take them to get back to you about it? They had my truck for a month before a Ford inspector came out and gave the 'ok' to replace. So for a month i was biting my nails worrying that i would have to pay for it. What a great call it was though when they told me i didnt have to pay a dime.

I actually ran into the Ford tech that put my engine in a couple weeks ago at advance auto, he saw me pull up and walked over and asked how it ran. i looked at him confused and then he told me he was the guy who was in charge of my truck. He told me they had a built block sitting next to my truck for 3 weeks before he was allowed to put it in. Truck runs awesome now.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:13 PM

Is this just '05 or does it cover more model years?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by madeSICC
yea i made a thread about that a while ago. How long did it take them to get back to you about it? They had my truck for a month before a Ford inspector came out and gave the 'ok' to replace. So for a month i was biting my nails worrying that i would have to pay for it. What a great call it was though when they told me i didnt have to pay a dime.

I actually ran into the Ford tech that put my engine in a couple weeks ago at advance auto, he saw me pull up and walked over and asked how it ran. i looked at him confused and then he told me he was the guy who was in charge of my truck. He told me they had a built block sitting next to my truck for 3 weeks before he was allowed to put it in. Truck runs awesome now.
I had it towed on friday , and they had an answer for me by monday, the service manager ordered a motor as soon as the guy diagnosed it in the shop, they knew it had a bent rod, MY GOD am i lucky.

Thats a F'ng shame it took so long for you, i have only been without my truck a week on thursday and im missing it so much, not to mention the fact that I dont have another car
Old 06-08-2011, 03:54 AM

My truck... My baby, I miss it SOOO MUCH!

Trending Topics

Old 06-08-2011, 11:59 PM

I just found out I am not getting a rebuilt motor, Ford is giving me a BRAND NEW ENGINE!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Post up what this would have costed you when you know- I'm just curious!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:26 PM

So how do you know if you have a fuel injector issue? Do you have to wait until it does what yours did? My 05 has 93k and has a noticible tick but drives completely normal, I've read all the threads about loud injectors and cam phasers but Ford says the sounds are normal. Was yours fine and then one day just crash on you?

Quick Reply: Ford is replacing my 2005 fx4 engine, read if your having problems with yours!!!