Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ford Rep.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ford Rep.

Is there an official ford representative on this forum or does anyone know of one that i could talk to?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by theboss13f
Is there an official ford representative on this forum or does anyone know of one that i could talk to?
Whats your problem that your cant get figured out through your ford dealer?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:56 PM

well in my opinion the servise manager at the local dealership is a . and I Refuse to talk to him ever again.

oh and the issue is that ive been having problems with my breaks for over a year now. they fixed the calipers under warranty. now they've had my replace my pads and rotors setting me back almost $1000 and in still having the same issues. oh and the day after they "fixed" my breaks i had to put my truck into a ditch to stop it. I Could have killed someone!
Ive also tried taking it to another garage to have it fixed but they refuse to look at it. they are telling me that i have a problem with another garages work to take it up with them.

now Ive already contacted the corporate servise manager for the dealership thats been doing all the work. He's told me he is going to "look into it" and maybe see about getting some of my money back.

all i want to know is what are my other options?

Last edited by theboss13f; 02-23-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by theboss13f
This site is not officially affiliated with FORD. You need to go up the ladder if the service manager is of no help...
Here is a link..

http://www.fordvehicles.com/help/contact/

Keep records of names, places, and exact issues.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

By law, the service manager at ANY dealership has to provide you with his/her regional service representitive. Ask politely, as at this point, being angry or verbally abusive will not get you any satisfaction.

Do you have all of your service reciepts for work that was done to the BRAKES? If not, go back to the dealership that performed the work and ask (politely) for copies of the work orders. Again, they have to provide this to you by law. Be nice, but be firm.

If you do not get an answer from the regional service rep by 2 business days, call him/her back, and be firm (again, be polite). Let them know how unhappy you are and that you want an answer quickly, as I'm assuming the truck is not "drivable", and that you are not comfortable in it's safety. Does your local TV news have one of those "consumer alert" options (you can call the TV station and report a local business problem; they followup and in some cases, put it on the air). Perhaps letting them know you plan to follow up on this will get them moving a bit faster if they are not already.

You will get results; especially when it comes to safety.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Perhaps change your approach, try being the poor individual who is spending money after money on the same repair and not getting a repair that lasts. Brakes are a type of repair that unfortunately the dealer has the advantage, because of your so call driving habit. Use the safety issue as your tool, you know, I keep spending more money because I'm not safe.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 AM

thanks for the help. i think i got the polite but extreamly frustrated tone of voice down at this point. this has been going on for over a year now with no defined results exept the lack of money in my bank account. the truck is still "drivable" but not really safe. the servise manage also told me if i didnt hear back from himtoday to call him back, which is what im about to do. but at this point what ever the outcome im going to be reporting them to the dept. motor vehicals and the states attorney general.

Trending Topics

Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

As usual my friend Bill is right, the controlled tone and using the safety issue will get you much further than going and screaming your head off. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 PM

has any one ever felt like there on a giant hamster wheel while trying to get things like this sorted out? well thats me right now.
other than that i go tomorrow for a meeting with the servise manager and the owner of the motor group i bought my truck from. who on tv seems like a Huge annoying but Ive been told that in real life he really is a pretty nice guy. so we'll see what happens
Old 02-25-2009, 03:15 PM

I had a problem with my truck. I wrote and sent a registered letter to Ford motor co. I got the address from the ford dealer. It was civil and curteous I explained the problem in detail. I presented them them proof of the money I spent. I copied the dealership also. 2 weeks later they agreed to fix the tuck. I was satisfied. BTW, the truck had just passed the warranty period. I think a registerd letter is more effective than arguing with the local dealer.

Jake.........

Quick Reply: Ford Rep.