Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

ford dealer plug change practices

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:35 PM
'04 FX4 Scab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford dealer plug change practices

So im seriously considering changing out my plugs on my 04 FX4 to see if that fixes the loss of power at WOT. My question is this....

I cant find the records of exactly how long ago or how many miles ago the plugs were changed, but the truck had a ford dealer plug change at some point in its life. Would it be expected of the ford dealer to never seize the new plugs?

If they wouldnt have been never seized I dont think I would dare attempt to remove the plugs on my own, but if they were....
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beetlebz
So im seriously considering changing out my plugs on my 04 FX4 to see if that fixes the loss of power at WOT. My question is this....

I cant find the records of exactly how long ago or how many miles ago the plugs were changed, but the truck had a ford dealer plug change at some point in its life. Would it be expected of the ford dealer to never seize the new plugs?

If they wouldnt have been never seized I dont think I would dare attempt to remove the plugs on my own, but if they were....
they should have been anti-seized, just like they should have been anti-seized during production, but we all know how that went. There's no way to tell what was done, man.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:07 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I've read about them breaking even after being changed following the TSB. So I would recommend following the TSB to the letter when you do it this time.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:14 AM
'04 FX4 Scab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roger that. I think im going to attempt it myself, ill grab the lisle tool off amazon sometime next month after I get my new front diff installed.

do you guys know if the lisle 65600 broken plug remover can be used on all 8 cyl without clearance issues? A friend of mine mentioned that he broke a plug, bought the tool, and it had to be used with the cab removed for clearance.

Quick Reply: ford dealer plug change practices