Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Ford dealer Parts departments

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Default Ford dealer Parts departments

I need to order the drivers side plastic piece that is between the lower windshield glass and front hood (there are two pieces; left and right). They cover (hide) the wiper arm assembly.

The drivers side on my 2005 F150 has literally dry rotted and cracked. It will no longer stay clipped in place in the center where it butts up with the other side.

Are there Ford dealers that sell parts cheaper than my local Dallas Ford area dealers? Any of you have phone numbers to these "price friendly" shops?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

List prices are controlled by Ford, selling higher then listed would be a violation of their dealership agreement. If the dealer wants to discount to people thats their perrogative. I like to try to get a relationship with the back counter wholesale parts guys. Another angle would be if you know a body shop, perhaps they use an aftermarket place for those parts.

Last edited by Good old Bill; 10-12-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

When I worked at Autozone some customers had a good relationship with the Commercial guys from the store (the guy that delt with the shops) and got a bit of a discount. Worth a try. They usually are the ones wearing grey (out here at least).
Old 10-12-2008, 07:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

have you tried to get the dealer to replace it under warranty??
Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rplatt56
have you tried to get the dealer to replace it under warranty??

It's a 2005. I'm over 100% positive that it's not under warranty anymore.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I see what you mean about price of this part I found this on line is this price any cheaper then what you where quoted at you local dealership, Ford sure has you on this one. I couldn't find the part at LMC but that doesn't mean they don't have it. This got me curious and I see the cowl on my 95 is plastic as well. On my 1995 I wonder if this part was always plastic or in a earlier year was metal and is a direct change out.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=213787

cowl grille Right-Crew cab - Crew cab 99-07 $118.15, your price $86.84
cowl grille Left - Crew cab - Crew cab 99-07 $111.67, your price $82.08

Last edited by transmaster; 10-12-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucko
I need to order the drivers side plastic piece that is between the lower windshield glass and front hood (there are two pieces; left and right). They cover (hide) the wiper arm assembly.

The drivers side on my 2005 F150 has literally dry rotted and cracked. It will no longer stay clipped in place in the center where it butts up with the other side.

Are there Ford dealers that sell parts cheaper than my local Dallas Ford area dealers? Any of you have phone numbers to these "price friendly" shops?
I'm in Dallas too. I get prices from fastpartsnetwork.com Then I call local dealerships to compare. Usually fastpartsnetwork.com is cheaper with shipping. Fastpartsnetwork, is a Ford dealership, but they are interested in selling parts! If you can't find the part in their catalog, shoot them an email and they'll respond within an hour during working hours. It's an awesome service.

You can also try http://www.directfordparts.com but I'd try fastpartsnetwork first.

Last edited by kjohnson1; 10-12-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

fast parts network is cheaper then the one I found, they have the cowl for my 95 for 38 dollars, mine is a one piece part.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Thanks for the tips guys. In the Harley world, there are dealerships that offer 20% or more off of genuine Harley parts; I knew there had to be the same for Ford dealership parts departments.

I see that www.directfordparts.com sells the part for $58.04 (MSRP is $72.73). If my local Ford dealership will match it, they will get my business, otherwise I buy from directfordparts.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealerships have MSRP, it is suggested retail pricing, they are free to sell parts at that price, or according to a format that many use called a matrix. It is basically nothing more than a method for marking up above list price. Cheaper parts are often marked up more than those which are more expensive. This policy is often affected by the market your in, the availability of the part you're in need of, and the kindness of the the counter person you're dealing with. I have been told by previous managers I have had, that some areas of the country don't even offer wholesale discounts to shops; they pay manufacturer list prices. My suggestions is to always compare the prices you get in you area... Sometimes you will get someone who understands you are shopping them, and then quote you the actual list price, or better.

Quick Reply: Ford dealer Parts departments