Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fogs with Highs

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Fogs with Highs

Last night I took initiative and went ahead and modded my truck. I had never done anything electronic what so ever and it was fairly easy to do. The hardest part was getting off the kick panels to access the fuse panel and the ground. Just make sure everything is grounded good, and check all your connections and it is really easy to do. It makes a whole bunch of difference. At first my ground was not good, and it made my dash lights not work and my blinkers wouldnt work, and my highs wouldnt turn off, I almost cried. Then I fixed that and connected back my battery, SUCCESS!
Old 11-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Squirtbottle09
Last night I took initiative and went ahead and modded my truck. I had never done anything electronic what so ever and it was fairly easy to do. The hardest part was getting off the kick panels to access the fuse panel and the ground. Just make sure everything is grounded good, and check all your connections and it is really easy to do. It makes a whole bunch of difference. At first my ground was not good, and it made my dash lights not work and my blinkers wouldnt work, and my highs wouldnt turn off, I almost cried. Then I fixed that and connected back my battery, SUCCESS!
Is there a how to write up on this? Thats one thing I think this forum should have is a How to section.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

This is the one I used. It is really good and has pictures. http://www.landstromsfoundry.com/Tec...Foglights.html
Old 11-08-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amen to that...

Originally Posted by Buck
Is there a how to write up on this? Thats one thing I think this forum should have is a How to section.
I think you have hit on something their Buck... I like to learn from others experiences. Nothing like learning from someone who has dared to go their first........
Old 11-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

I learned that make sure everything is grounded very well, and that when you modify the box make sure it allows room for the jumper wire to come out. Other wise it will pull out your wire off the relay and you have no fog lights. Oh, and test them before you put everything back together, lol.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 AM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wesbilly
I think you have hit on something their Buck... I like to learn from others experiences. Nothing like learning from someone who has dared to go their first........
Ya when I was on the Ranger forum they had a How to section with tons of how tos for little things here and there (like this fog light mod) all the way to single front axle swaps. It was very nice to have the information at your finger tips.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:35 AM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I would like to see this as well. I feel it would really help this site grow too. My guess is we some more write ups so we will have enough info to support the new section. So go out do a service on your truck take some picture and post a how to thread. How to change your fuel filter would be a good one since there are a few threads asking how to do it. Mine isn't due for another 13K. If one isn't done by then I'll do it. An easy one would be how to change your oil. We need to get enough of these so we can have this section added. So do your truck a favor and post up
Old 11-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I might try one on my fog light mod if I get around to it this weekend.

Quick Reply: Fogs with Highs