Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Floormat suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floormat suggestions?

Alright, I know this ain't as glamorous as a grill or wheels post, but I'm sick and tired of the stock carpet floormats I've got - and don't know why I've stuck with them for as long as I have.

Carpet gets dirty from mud, the hook into the floor rips and then they roll up underneath the pedals - total pain.

Anyone got some suggestions on some floormats they've really thought worked well?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 PM

try this site http://www.weathertech.com the mats look good and are made for your truck model . i have them on order for my 2008 Supercrew.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default mats

I've got the husky liners, THEY DON'T MOVE, the rear is all one peice, the driver and pass fit in the spots great, got mine off EBay for @ 65-75
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM

I ordered a set of the Weathertech floorliners for my 07 SCab and love them. They are a plastic liner that is form fitted to the floor and directs water out over the door sill. Can be lifted out and hosed off.
Check Amazon.com, I got a set for like $88 for the front (black) every once in a while they are on sale
Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

I got the Weathertech mats in my Scab when I bought the truck (been in since new) and they are very good quality. Every time I wash the truck, I take them out and clean them with wheel cleaner and a carpet brush. Works just fine.

That being said- The only complaint I have with them is that they curl slightly on the sides wich creates a gap between the transmission tunnel and the mat. Doesn't bother me at all but it is a cosmetic issue and I am a stickler about appearance. Oh, but I did loose my pen down there one time but I managed to pull it out by wiggling my finger in there and pulling it out. Probably would have been easier and less painfull (sharp plasitc cleats hurt) if I would have just pulled the mat up.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Yeah those Weathertechs are really nice. I had them in my last truck.

I have Husky-liners, front and back (supercab). I like them alot. The coverage is full. The only thing is when they get really full of water (we get alot of snow here) it can slosh out over the sides of the mat. Not a big deal. Easy to dump out.
Also, check out Cabelas.com. They have a new type of mat I haven't seen before. They're like the Husky's but seem to channel water out the door-sill. Might be worth checkin out.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM

Thanks for the tips, fellas. I'll be sure to check out the Weathertech mats.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I got some Ford-Branded rubber mats from autozone or discount auto near me (can't remember which one). They're real heavy so they don't move. I'm not sure if they're offical for products, but they seem to be good quality.
Also got some for the back seats
Old 02-09-2009, 10:24 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have an 08 Fx4 with a black interior and I went to Walmart and bought 4 bath towels (Black) And folded them nice and put 1 on the driver side, 1 on the passenger, and 2 in the back. There is only about a 3 inch gap in the rear in the very center that does get covered, but no one really sits there...I then put the stock rubber floor mats on top of the bath towels to hold them in place. It looks great, you barely notice the towels unless you look, and, when mud, dirt, or whatever gets on them, i take them out, throw them in the washer, and then put them back in. Just an idea. Its a quick and cheap way to keep your interior carpet looking nice for a long long time.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Go Chiefs!

I've got the Husky Liners. My interior is 'tan' and the mats match really well. They hold alot of dirt and other crap too from getting on your carpet

Quick Reply: Floormat suggestions?