Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Fixed my Mickey Thompsons

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Fixed my Mickey Thompsons

I fixed my problem with my brand new Mickey Thompsons this week by replacing them with Nitto Terra Grapplers. I would suggest the Terra Grapplers to anyone.. They are much better than the MT ATZ tires I just purchased two weeks ago.
The Terra Grapplers are much better in the Rain, better traction for sure and they do not hydroplane like the Mickeys. They are much more quiet on the road as well. I cannot forget to tell you that they are a much better riding tire as well. Even the wife was able to tell that I got better tires. We were not even out of the parking lot and she noticed that they ride better than the Mickeys.
I was also able to get a larger tire on the truck. I went and purchased the 295/70/17 size. They do not rub even when turning as hard as possible to the right going down a very steep incline. I did not want to do any cutting.
I have seen posts on this site that say you can fit a larger tire with a 2.5 leveling kit "I have the HellBent Steel version", however, I do not think you can fit a larger tire without rubbing and cutting.
These tires really fill out the wheel well and they are so big and fat make the rim look smaller. They are great. By far the Best choice " in my opinion", for a Ford Truck with a leveling kit like mine.

If you are trying to figure out what size AT tire to fit to your truck with a leveling kit. Just Stop reading all the other posts and buy these tires. You will be one happy SOB.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im glad to hear that you feel so strongly about these tires, lol

What exactly was wrong with your MT's?
Old 03-08-2008, 10:01 PM

I was not able to find anyone to get them to balance. The first tire place gave me back my money and told me they could not get them to balance. They sent me to a tire center with a truck dept. Then the truck center told me that the tires were bad. They had tried to balance them on two different machines and still could not get them to balance. My front end would not stop shaking. After all the work they completed they said that the only thing they could do to the tires to make them balance was to True them Up.
The tires had approx. 10oz. or more weight on each tire. They had weight on the inside and outside of each rim.
So I took the tires to 4Wheel Parts and they said the same thing, the tires were out of round and needed to be Trued Up if I wanted them to balance.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:50 PM

I wonder if bead balancing them would have helped

Quick Reply: Fixed my Mickey Thompsons