Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

First Road trip…success

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Road trip…success

Used the truck this past weekend for a family road trip for the first time, and I have to say I was impressed. We currently live in Alberta but have family back in Vancouver BC and have been using my wife's 09 fusion as the long distance vehicle for economic reasons. With our three kids only getting bigger and with some fresh snow oh the passes we decided we would take my 07 F150 Screw that I bought last October. I have had it out on the highway before but never on a long trip so I was interested to see what I would get for mileage. The truck came stock with the 135L tank and the old window sticker said around 12L/100km so armed with a full tank two full 25L jerry cans we set off. To my surprise we made it 1001Km before the low fuel light came on and I wasn't driving like an old lady. I was very happy to see that my beast of a truck with the 5.4L 3v was able to make those kind of numbers. Mind you we weren't towing anything and only had suit cases in the back.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We almost always take my truck on trips. It is more comfortable for everyone and the gas mileage is pretty good compared to my wife's grand cherokee.

Quick Reply: First Road trip…success